Chapter Twenty

Kefira was content with just relaxing but by giving Angelina her word that she would join the team for a practice, she didn't realize that it would mean the first practice. She wasn't in the best mood to do it as she was feeling rather cold, despite layering up.

"Not this nonsense again," She muttered to herself as she wrapped her arms around her body and shivered as she stepped outside onto the castle grounds. "I was doing just fine over the summer and now my body wants to act up again. I'm beginning to think there is something going on in this castle."

She didn't make mention it to her friends, knowing that they would only worry about her and she didn't want to disappoint Angelina, who had helped her a great deal. She had to repay the favor somehow. Luckily, Angelina wasn't asking her to take part in the training session, she just wanted the girl to watch so she could get a better handle of the rules. Neville offered to tag along to keep her company and arrived at the stands where she stood leaning over the railing, waiting for them to take to the pitch. 

As he approached her, he could see her slightly shivering bringing a small frown to his face.

"Are you cold?" He asked her.

"Hmm?" Kefira glanced over, noting his arrival. Immediately, her shivering came to an end as a smile formed across her lips. "No, I'm fine. What took you so long?"

"Sorry," Neville said, the worry leaving his mind as he saw her smile. "But I knew I had to get a letter out to Gran or she was bound to send me a howler."

"How is she doing?" Kefira asked as the two sat down together. "Trying to survive your Uncle Algie?"

Neville chuckled with a small nod of his head. "I'm sure. But she actually sounded happy in her last letter. She mentioned that she visited my mum and dad and she thinks that my dad was looking for something."

Kefira could see his smile growing wider, but she wasn't sure what he was getting at.

"I'm afraid I'm not following you, Nevs," she said. Suddenly, the girl watched as he reached out his hand slowly and took one of her curls. He pulled on it gently until it was straight and then let it go. Her eyes widened in realization before she let out a laugh.

"Really? You think your dad misses playing with my hair?" She said.

"That's what Gran thinks," Neville told her. "She said that he kept pulling on her hair and waiting for something to happen."

"But that's a good sign, isn't it?" Kefira replied. "I mean, that means...that's a form of a memory, right?"

Neville seemed to think about it for a moment before looking back to her. "You know, you might be right about that. I didn't think of it in that sense. Seems like your hair made a big impression."

Kefira grinned her giving a shake of her hair and then holding her head up proudly. "Who isn't impressed by a lion's mane?"

The two were giggling together but the joy came to an abrupt end as they saw the Slytherin Quidditch team making their way out onto the pitch.

"What are they doing here?" Neville questioned. "I thought Gryffindor was practicing right now."

"They're supposed to be," Kefira sighed. "But I guess they decided to show up and cause some trouble as usual."

It wasn't just the quidditch team but it seemed some other Slytherins had joined in on the "fun" as smirks swept across their face as the Gryffindor team came out and spotted them. They seemed surprised but only for a few seconds. Apparently, it was just becoming old to the Gryffindor team that they had to bother with the other team invading the pitch during designated times.