Chapter Eighty-Seven

"Get off of me! Get off of me!" 

Cormac McLaggen cried out from the ground in the quidditch pitch, however, despite his cries, not one soul moved forward to help him. That was because Kefira had the boy pinned down, with one of his arms pinned down behind his back while her knee was pinning down his other arm. She didn't look like she had any plans to move anytime soon, and even the quidditch captain, Harry didn't look like he was actually going to say anything against it. Cormac was a royal pain the arse to everyone on the team as he had become the replacement for Ron while the boy was still recovering in the Hospital Wing from being poisoned. 

Unfortunately, Ron would not be in condition to play in the match against Hufflepuff leaving them with little choice but to have Cormac replace him as Keeper for the time being. However, Cormac had taken it upon himself to become a captain as well as he took upon himself to call out everyone and tell them what to do. He even claimed that he could play everyone's position better than whoever was playing in that moment. When he scolded Kefira for missing a bludger during practices, the gloves were off.

Literally.

She made her way to land and when Cormac and the rest of the team went to land, she grabbed the bottom of his broomstick and dragged him to the ground. The rest of the team didn't put up any sort of protest as she brought him down and held him there until he took the time to apologise to each and every one of them. He seemed to refuse, for the most part, mainly trying to fight her to get her off, but the witch refused to move. The harder he struggled, the more difficult it became for him as she had no intentions to release him. 

She would be the first to admit, that she was still quite grumpy from the lack of sleep she had been getting due to Lavender. As much as the girl was one of her friends and her roommate, the drama between her, Ron, and Hermione was enough to drive the sanest person to the brink of insanity. Ron was somehow always asleep when Lavender arrived to visit him, yet he could certainly bring himself to wake up whenever Hermione was around.

Kefira could care less who the boy cared for at the time, but if he wanted to be with Hermione, it was best that he would just tell Lavender so that he wasn't just leading her along.Everyone thought that Lavender was being the annoying one, but Hermione was well aware of what she was doing as well. Both her and Ron shared something but no one had to nerve to say anything and Lavender had been caught in the middle of it all. Yet she was the one developing the bad reputation because the first boy she liked could open his mouth to eat but could say a bloody word when it came to how he truly felt.

 If he thought the poison was bad, if she didn't get a regular night of sleep in her own bed, she was going to prolong his stay in the Hospital Wing.

Eventually, Cormac gave in and ran through the series of apologies to his quidditch teammates before she stood up and allowed him to get up as well. He gave her a look as he rubbed his arm but as soon as she growled in his direction, he backed away. Before the practice could end, Kefira decided to approach Harry about the situation.

"Harry," she said in the calmest voice she could gather for the time being. She was still not the biggest fan of him due to Slughorn's lessons, but she put that aside to address the problem at hand. "Get your friend to talk to Lavender because if I don't sleep before this match, there's going to be a massacre on the pitch and I won't harm a hair on any of the Hufflepuffs if that makes my point clear to you."

"Um...yeah, it's clear," Harry said rubbing the back of his head awkwardly before telling her that he would talk to Ron. "I can't promise that he'll listen though-"

"That's not my problem, Harry, that's your problem."

With a tired sigh, Kefira pushed the curls that escaped her hair tie back out of her face before leaving the pitch and head back to the castle. She didn't want to eat or really talk to anyone, she just wanted to sleep. Making her way back into the castle, she had to trudge all the way back up to the Gryffindor Tower, which seemed a million times farther away than before. She honestly considered napping in one of the window seats but she knew a professor or Peeves would come along and that nap would be short-lived.