Chapter Seventy Five

Despite Kefira trying to knock some sense into Ron figuratively and physically, the feud between him and Hermione did not end and the two friends had yet to make amends. While Ron and Lavender seemed to be attached to each other by their mouths during every free moment, Hermione decided to play her own hand of cards. She claimed that she was taking Cormac McLaggen to Slughorn's party, announcing that she was happy to take a great quidditch player with her. She definitely made sure that Lavender and Parvati heard as it was all that the girls could talk about. And she really made sure that Ron heard that she had a thing for "really good" quidditch players. 

Kefira decided to make mention of it when the two of them were in the dorms attempting to get ready for the party as they pulled out their dress robes. Kefira decided it would just be easy to recycle the green dress robes that she had worn to the Yule Ball a couple of years ago.

"You know, Hermione, I know this is none of my business," She said attempting to tie her hair up, only to have the hair tie snap and her hair went back to its original state. She quickly decided to just to leave it instead of fighting it. " But this whole thing between you and Ron-"

"There's nothing between me and Ronald. It's all fine."

"Right," Kefira made a face as she turned to grab a couple of things from her trunk. "Because you always refer to him as Ronald when you're happy with him. Look, neither one of us is blind, our two dorm mates....maybe. But come on, if you're going with Cormac to make Ron jealous, it's not going to do anything except waste time. Ron is just going to try to get back at you by running off to Lavender. It doesn't make any sense to just be going back and forth at each other. You should just be honest and tell him that you like him."

There was silence in the room before Kefira looked up and saw Hermione glaring in her direction. "I do not like him. Not in that sense. Ron is a ...was a friend!"

"Alright, alright," Kefira put her hands up in defence against the angry girl. "I'm not trying to get you upset or anything, but do you remember back in fourth year when Ron and Harry weren't speaking to each other and you had to go back and forth? Do you remember how it drove you mental? You two are doing the same thing to Harry, seems kind of hypocritical don't you think?"

She didn't wait for an answer and she said nothing else as she grabbed her robes and walked out of the room. Making her way down the stairs, Kefira made her way to the boys' dorm, only to see Neville coming down the stairs.

"Kefi, where are you going? I was just coming to wait and....why aren't you dressed? Did you change your mind?"

"Nah," Kefira told him as she walked up the stairs told him, " but Hermione is breathing fire about Ron and I didn't want to get ready in there. Can I get dressed in your room?"

Neville glanced up back the stairs for a moment. "Well, Seamus is in there but-"

Seamus was tucked in his bed when Neville came back in leaving the other boy confused. "What are you doing? I thought you were leaving."

"I need to get dressed in here, Seamus," Kefira said showing up as she moved past Neville in the doorway. Seamus put his quidditch magazine aside and gave her a look. 

"Uh, Kefi, if you haven't noticed, this is the boys' dorm, why don't you go get dressed in your dorm?"

"I have my reasons, Seamus, now look away."

"This is our dorm, not yours!" 

Before the two could argue anymore, Neville made his way over to the showers and toilet area and poked his head in. No one seemed to be there and he told Kefira to go in there while he stood guard. Seamus shook his head while Kefira smiled and kissed Neville's cheek. Seamus appeared to be in a permanently grumpy mood and Neville had considered Kefira asking him to go to Slughorn's party instead so that the boy would get out of bed and try to have some fun.