Chapter Forty Three

An entire month with a leaf wadded up in the corner of her mouth did not sound pleasing at all, in fact, it had left Kefira in a foul mood, especially since she was already in one, to begin with

An entire month with a leaf wadded up in the corner of her mouth did not sound pleasing at all, in fact, it had left Kefira in a foul mood, especially since she was already in one, to begin with. With Professor Umbridge as Headmaster and the bullies in charge of running the school, things were not looking up for any of the other students and faculty. People like Draco and Pansy were abusing their power more so than before and even Professor Snape looked like he was enjoying himself under the new reign of the "Bitch of Terror," as Kefira referred to her as "Bot" for a codename. He apparently had forgotten about how she tortured him when she observed him in class and now he was just joining in on all the fun.

Neville could sense that Kefira had become incredibly tense since receiving the letter and he wasn't sure what was said on Bandile's behalf, but it was obvious it was nothing that the girl cared for.

"Do I want to know what your uncle said in his letter?" He asked as if found her in the Gryffindor Common Room. "I assume it wasn't too bad as Snape didn't come after you when you left the Great Hall."

"You thought wrong," Kefira grumbled before she looked around the room to make sure no one around them was listening. She stared at the fireplace in suspicion before grabbing Neville by his hand and moving towards the stairs of the boy's dorm. The two sat down in the middle of the staircase while she pulled out the letter and the leaf.

"It's the final part of the training," she whispered to him.

"A mandrake leaf?" Neville whispered back with his brows furrowing in confusion before he met her gaze. She nodded her head. 

"I have to keep this bloody leaf in my mouth for a whole month."

"A month?!" Neville cried out in surprise but she quickly covered his mouth before looking up and down the steps.

"Shh...Nevs, not so loud," Kefira warned him. "Remember, just you and I know about all of this-"

"Know what?" The two quickly looked down to see Seamus and Dean standing in the entrance way of the stairs looking up at them.Neville and Kefira fell silent as they stared back at the two that were eyeing them suspiciously. Of course, Kefira didn't help her situation as she quickly tucked the letter and leaf behind her.

"Nothing."

Dean and Seamus exchanged looks before charging at her to see what she was hiding. Kefira jumped up to her feet and ran up the stairs, making her way into their dorm and separating herself from them using Harry's bed as a barrier. Despite Neville telling them to leave Kefira alone, the two didn't listen as they split to approach her on either side, but Kefira was not about to go down so easily as she jumped onto Harry's bed and then leaped onto Ron's bed. She was just thankful that they were not in the dorms at the time or they would be furious. While she was fast, Dean was faster as he caught her before she leaped again, knocking them both down to the ground.

"Ugh, Dean! Do I have to kick your arse again!?" She grunted as she was pinned down by Dean, leaving Seamus the perfect opportunity to snatch the letter and leaf from her.