Chapter Two

As the older Walsh sisters discussed the idea of Hogwarts holding drag queen shows and who would be the winner, Kefira finished up her breakfast quickly so that she didn't keep Neville and Augusta waiting long. She was surprised to see Neville that morning as her father pointed out that she wasn't supposed to see him until the end of the week. But she was even more surprised at his offer for her to come with him and see his parents. He had never offered it before, probably because he wasn't sure of how she would react to seeing them. To be honest, she wasn't sure how she would react to seeing them, of course, she would keep a strong face. However, she knew how much it pained Neville, so she couldn't imagine what it was going to be like. 

"Are you sure you want to go, Kefi?" Her mother asked her as Kefira brought her empty plate over to the kitchen sink. Her mother spoke in a low tone, to make sure that the conversation remained between the two of them. 

"What do you mean?" Kefira questioned as her mother took the plate from her to wash.

"I'm just asking if you really want to go? I understand that Neville is your friend..." Alana saw the look on her daughter's face. "Or more than a friend. Whatever you two are at this point, but it's going to be a tough situation seeing his parents. They're not all there and that can be very upsetting to see. I just want to make sure that you're comfortable with this and not just saying it to make Neville happy."

"Mum, no one is going to be comfortable seeing people in that condition. It was a terrible thing that happened to them. But I care a lot about Neville and I know it took a lot for him to ask if I could come along. I probably won't like what I see, but I want to be there for him.  So yeah, I really want to go," Kefira answered her mother's question.

Alana gave her a small smile before giving a nod and kissing her daughter's forehead.

"Alright, well be careful and behave."

"Aww come on, Mum, didn't you hear anything I just said? I'm not going to cause any trouble. This is a really important thing...goodness," she huffed. "The amount of faith this family has in me..."

She left the kitchen and made her way up to her room to retrieve her shoes. She slipped her feet into them and ran back downstairs to nearly crash into her father.

"Ready to go?" He asked her. "They're waiting outside, I think your sisters were scaring Augusta."

"My sisters scare everyone, Dad. Have you seen them? Have you met them?"

Cardel chuckled before shooing her off the steps with a pat on her head. "Have a...good time..." he wasn't sure how to word it. "And you know, be there for Neville."

"I will," Kefira nodded. "I'll see you later, Dad."

As Kefira walked outside, to see Neville waiting on the front porch and Augusta waiting off in the distance. When she stepped outside, she could see the nerves on Neville's face as he wouldn't even bring himself to look at her. She walked over and took his hand in hers offering a small smile. His fingers trembled slightly in her hold, but soon he took a deep breath and exhaled slowly. 

"It's going to be alright, Nevs," she told him, giving his hand a squeeze. "Regardless of what happens today, I know what your parents were truly like and so do you. It doesn't matter what they do today and like I said, I think that they're still there communicating in their own way.  I can't wait to see what they have to say."

Neville let out a small laugh before pulling her along to walk over to his grandmother. 

"Alright, I will need the two of you to separate for a moment, if you don't mind," Augusta said eyeing where their hands were clasped together. "Kefira, you stand on this stand of me, Neville you stay over here."