Chapter Thirty Two

Banned.

Harry, Fred, and George, all banned from playing on the Gryffindor Quidditch team for life, according to Angelina. Kefira couldn't believe her ears, students getting into fights wasn't exactly rare in the castle, especially when some of them were having duels in the corridors, some days. But Umbridge wanted to make sure that she punished the Gryffindors thoroughly. Of course, the Gryffindors along with members from the other houses believed that it was completely unfair. Especially since Crabbe was only given the punishment of writing lines. Ron completely blamed himself, Dean and Neville had told Kefira that he had been preparing to just resign from the position as Keeper the same day.

However, while Ron was trying to get out of it, Angelina had to think of her team, down two beaters and a seeker, she had to turn to one of her backup recruits. Kefira had only agreed to be a reserve since she never truly believed that it would come down to her playing, but she didn't seem to have a choice as Angelina came to her, a desperate look on the older girl's face. She held such a tight grip on Kefira's arm, that the younger girl was fearful to refuse.

"Okay, Angelina, I can't be a Beater for you, if you squeeze my arm off," she finally had to tell her to get Angelina to let go.

"Does that mean you'll do it? You'll do it?!" Angelina had moved her grip from Kefira's arms and grabbed her by the shoulder, shaking Kefira back and forth. 

"Yes! Yes! I'll do it! I'll do it! SOMEONE HELP ME!"

"Angie, quit shaking her like that!" Lee Jordan called to her. "You can shake me like that, though."

Kefira stumbled away dizzily once she was released by Angelina, only to nearly fall but Seamus and Dean caught her before she hit the floor.

"I don't say this often, but she scares me," Kefira muttered to them.

"Agreed!" The two boys said before Angelina looked in their direction causing them to jump back. They nearly crashed into Neville who had returned to the common room with one of his jumpers for Kefira, when he saw the three with panicked looks on their face.

"What did I miss?" He asked.

"You're girlfriend is a Beater!" Seamus said pushing Kefira towards Neville. "Congratulations!"

Neville's face lit up, he suddenly appeared really excited at the announcement of the news. He helped Kefira stand straight up so that she was facing him. Her eyes were still attempting to focus before she looked up at Neville with a small smile.

"This is great! I'm really happy for you!" Neville told her, pulling her into his side. "I mean, I wish it was under better circumstances that you were joining the team, but I'm so proud of you. You're going to be great!"

"Aww, thanks, Nevs," Kefira said. "I mean, I'm glad you have faith in me, but I hope you all aren't expecting too much from me. I'm not even going to come close to Fred and George. I'm kinda just hoping that I won't have to do much playing, I'm just going to make a really mean face and hope that intimidates the other players enough not to mess with me."

"Maybe you could just roar at them," Neville whispered in her ear.

"Yeah," she laughed. "I could do that too."

***

Rather than sulking around during the cold weather, the students decided to make the most of it, enjoying the frozen lake as they slid across it, others slipping all over the place in the snow, bringing laughter and smiles. However, the laughter and smiles wouldn't last for very long, with Umbridge's horrid reign rising every day, the students of Hogwarts were finding less and less things to be happy about. Although, many were thrilled at the idea of Hagrid's return as they all recognized the giant man that returned to the castle grounds.