Chapter Fifty Six

Kefira was caught completely off guard when she had come face to face with Faye Morgan in the corridor outside of the ward. But she truly didn't expect the girl to reach out and grab the front of her shirt as she started bawling her eyes out. The last time Kefira had seen the girl, Faye had been looming over her bed, sprinkling poison over her as she tried to sleep. She had nearly killed Kefira if she hadn't caught on sooner as to what her dormmate was up to. Kefira wanted to be angry and wanted to push Faye away but she couldn't bring herself to do it. Instead, she just stood there as Faye begged her to listen. 

"Kefi, please, you have to tell them, you have to tell them they've got it all wrong!" Faye screamed at her as Kefira was nearly on the ground, struggling to stand under the added weight. "You know me, you know I would never hurt you! I swear-"

"Faye, stop! Stop!" Kefira said attempting to pry the girl's hands from her shirt. "Get off of me! I don't know what you're talking about! You tried to poison me, I saw you, we all did."

"No, it wasn't me, Kefi, it wasn't! Please, we were friends! You remember that, don't you?"

When Kefira didn't respond, it seemed to make Faye even more crazed as she finally managed to pull Kefira down to the floor with her. She seemed to be trying to hang onto her as the Healers were alerted by the commotion and were making their way over to stop her. Faye didn't want them to take her away and she figured that holding onto Kefira would prevent them from doing so. But she was easily defeated as two of the Healers removed their wands and placed a spell on her that automatically placed the girl into a state of sedation.

Faye's eyes closed and she fell back onto the floor while Kefira scrambled back to place some space between them. Neville had run out of the ward as soon as he had witnessed Faye approaching Kefira and as Kefira backed away, she knocked into his legs. Quickly, she looked up and saw him looking across the way where the Healers were lifting Faye off the floor.

"What was that? What just happened?" Neville asked Kefira as he finally looked down at her. However, the expression on Kefira's face clearly explained that she didn't have the slightest clue. He had never seen her look so confused in all the years of knowing her but at the same time, she also looked incredibly concerned. 

"Miss, are you alright?" One of the Healers approached her with a worried voice. 'Were you hurt?"

"What kind of place are you running here?!" A shrewd and angry voice erupted from behind the teens. They turned around to witness Augusta Longbottom standing her straightest, with a bewildered look on her face as she looked directly at the Healers. "You just allow people to roam the corridors when they are prone to attacking?! Do you know how dangerous that is?"

The Healer began apologizing profusely as Neville helped Kefira up to her feet. Augusta seemed to be taking care of the situation while Kefira remained speechless for a few more minutes, trying to gather her own thoughts. 

"Kefi, are you hurt?" Neville asked her, considering she hadn't answered the first time. "Kefi-"

"I'm fine," she said finally. "Really, she just caught me off guard, that's all. I completely forgot that she would be here, where else would she be. I wasn't thinking and I just went to go use the loo and-"

She shook her head, placing her hand over her face as if she was embarrassed that she hadn't been able to handle the situation on her own. But Neville just wanted to make sure that she was alright, he didn't care what Faye had to say, it was obvious that it had left Kefira pretty shaken even if she didn't want to admit it. He thought the most stressful part of the day would be trying to get his mother to pay attention to him but that certainly didn't look to be the case.