Chapter Ninety

Kefira wasn't lying when she told Professor Snape that she refused to serve his detention, she told him that the only way that he would get her to be there was to place her under the Imperius Curse and even then, she intended to break from it in order not to serve it. She had enough of the man bullying the other students, even though he was kind to her in own special way, it didn't cancel out how he treated her peers and she wasn't going to tolerate. Sure, Harry and Ron were not among her most favourite in the castle at the time, but they didn't deserve being ridiculed in front of the class just because Seamus had a question. 

Snape, on the other hand, looked as though he could breathe fire or ice, depending on whether one wanted to see him fired up or wearing the coldest glare as physically possible. He looked like he would take her up on the offer of putting her under a curse, although judging by his face it wouldn't be the Imperius but probably the Cruciatus. She refused to back down even though he had threatened expulsion but that didn't even bring her to flinch. Instead, it only made her angrier and she decided that she was going to call him out on everything before he escorted her outside of the classroom. 

Everything was so quiet around them as students seemed to be pinching themselves to see whether or not they were actually witnessing such a scene. Snape had her by the back of her robes before she ripped herself away from his grasp and moved away from him. 

"I can walk on my own, thank you very much!" She was sure where she was being taken to, more than likely she was going to have to face Dumbledore and for that time, she was actually pretty glad, because she had a lot to say to the man as well. Unlike his usual pale complexion, Snape was red in the face, boiling over with anger but she didn't care. She didn't feel sorry for him, she was too angry at the moment to care if she embarrassed him by calling the grown man out in front of students. 

For a while, it seemed she had taken the back seat, quieter than she had usually been in class when it came to calling out or making comments, but it appeared that every comment that she had wished to make in the past had only been bottled up. Now that it reached the surface she was going to let the professor have it. 

"This behaviour-"

"What are you going to say?!" She turned to him as they walked down the corridor. "That it won't be tolerated? What about your behaviour? Seems a little too hypocritical to call anyone else on their behaviour when you're the worst behaved inside these castle walls. 

"You will hold your tongue-" He seethed, only to witness Kefira reach her hand up to her mouth and actually pinch her tongue in front of him in a mocking manner.

"There I did. Now, why don't you hold yours?" She said. "At least until you have something nice or encouraging to say to the other students. You can tell me nice things, why can't you do the same for the others? What have they ever done to you? Nothing! I've done far worse and said far worse things, yet, you still manage to be nice to me in your own way, but you can't do the same to the students who aren't even doing anything? Seamus asked you a question and you only met him with attitude, what is wrong with you!?"

The fact that Kefira hadn't been obliterated on the spot after yelling at him, showed that Snape was capable of some self-control, but he was furious, it was written all over his face. He wanted to do so many things, all that probably involved hurting the girl but he just continued to turn redder and redder. He shoved Kefira forward as she tried to stop in front of him and get him to answer. 

Luckily, they didn't have to travel too far in the company of each other, if they did there would have been a casualty before they reached Dumbledore's office and it wouldn't be Kefira that showed up dead.