Chapter Eighty-Two

"If you are seventeen years of age, or will turn seventeen on or before the 31st August next, you are eligible for a twelve-week course of Apparition Lessons from a Ministry of Magic Apparition instructor

"If you are seventeen years of age, or will turn seventeen on or before the 31st August next, you are eligible for a twelve-week course of Apparition Lessons from a Ministry of Magic Apparition instructor. Please sign below if you would like to participate. Cost: 12 Galleons."

"Oh, the time has come!" Kefira rejoiced as she threw her hands up," I've been waiting for this moment. We finally get to learn how to apparate. I can't wait! I'm going to scare the living hell out of Lottie and Nellie every single chance I get-"

"Kefi, I still think there are restrictions on it," Neville chuckled as he witnessed her excitement come to a sudden halt. "I mean, I think there are restrictions in front of muggles, even if they are family. But then again, I don't know. But Gran says that apparating is nothing easy, she hates doing Side-Along because there's always an easier chance of someone splinching."

"Splinching?" Kefira repeated. "Isn't that when you leave a part of yourself or clothes behind?"

"Yes," Neville nodded, " I've seen some wizards with some nasty scars because of it. So it's always best to be careful. I think that's why a lot of wizards and witches don't use it as often as they could, you know?"

He could see that she was thinking something over and the boy had to wonder what thoughts were going through her mind at the moment. Suddenly, a smile appeared on her face as Kefira looked over at him with a flicker of amusement in her eyes. "Well, I guess the bright side to splinching is, you can definitely say you were in two places at once."

Neville didn't want to laugh but at the same time, he couldn't help it as he giggled behind the other students that had crowded around to sign their names for the Apparition lessons. He was almost knocked aside abruptly as Lavender made her way over to Ron who was near the front, preparing to sign his name. Kefira was able to catch Neville in her arms and hold the boy up for a few seconds until he regained his balance.

"Guess who, Won-Won?" Lavender said with a bright smile as she covered Ron's eyes. Kefira snorted to herself as Neville stood upright and straightened his robes. To avoid anymore witnessing of the lovey-dovey gushiness that was the relationship between the two, Kefira and Neville decided to head to Charms Class early.

"Maybe I should start calling you Nev-Nev," Kefira teased and watched as Neville turned a bright red in the face. 

"Oh, no, please don't," Neville replied in a begging tone. He didn't mind "Nev" or "Nevs" but he wasn't thrilled at the idea of being called "Nev-Nev." Judging by the mischievous grin on Kefira's face though, it appeared as though she was only teasing him. 

"You'll be Nev-Nev and I'll be Kef-Kef," she laughed before Neville placed his arm over her shoulder with a laugh of his own. 

Suddenly, someone joined them on their walk to class, bringing the two to look over and see Hermione fall in step with them. The two were quite aware that anytime that Lavender and Ron showed affection towards each other that it made the girl uncomfortable. But if Hermione had feelings for the boy, it was probably best that she would just say something rather than get annoyed with Lavender or Ron. Lavender was good in Divination class but she wasn't exactly a Seer.