Chapter Sixteen

It would have been too good to be true if Kefira had gotten away with her behavior during Professor Umbridge's class. But the pink demon of a woman was now about to let Kefira get away with what she had said or done so easily. A call came for her detention as she sat in the Great Hall, bringing an eerie silence to Gryffindor table. Of course, the silence didn't last very long as many students had already been talking about Harry's outburst during the class. It seemed they had been talking loud enough in order for the boy to hear them, so they could experience it for themselves. 

A letter was delivered to Kefira, smelling of horrible perfume and placed on pink parchment paper that she wasn't aware even existed in the first place. Neville eyed the letter with a frown as Kefira tossed it away from her.

"Great, first detention of the year," she sighed. "Just what I needed."

"I told you not to act up," Neville told her. 

"Relax, Neville, I've handled plenty before, I can manage whatever she dishes out. "

"But you don't know this woman," Neville argued with her. "We don't know anything about her and she obviously is not one to back down."

"Well, neither am I, so it's going to be a very interesting session, won't it?"

"Kefi, I'm with Neville on this one," Dean told her. "We don't know much about this woman, except for the fact that she's  with the Ministry. She's not like the other professors, Kefi. She probably holds a lot more power than we think. I think you should tread carefully. She isn't Professor Snape."

"You're right," Kefira said. "Professor Snape's a lot more tolerable."

She pushed herself up from the table and left the Great Hall without another word, leaving the boys alone. 

"I don't know why you two are acting surprised," Seamus finally spoke once she had gone. "It's Kefira. She's been the same loudmouth since first year, nothing is going to change that. Not even a person from the Ministry. She's gone up against Professor Snape since day one, there's hardly anyone in the castle who can say the same. She's served the most detentions with him and..."

The boy went on but Dean and Neville weren't listening very well as Professor Snape had entered the Great Hall and passed the Gryffindor table as he went to sit among the other professors. Seamus went on to discuss Kefira's detention with Umbridge as the man passed and Neville swore he saw the man walk slower in order to listen in on the conversation. 

"What's your point, Seamus?" Dean finally brought the boy's rant to an end leaving Professor Snape to walk off. 

"My point is that we shouldn't be worried about Kefira serving detention, she can handle herself as she's proved that many times before. I think we should all be concerned for that woman's safety."

"Oh yeah because the trolls we'll be devastated to lose another member of the clan," Kefira's voice rang out, startling the three.

"I thought you left!" Seamus snapped at her as he placed one hand onto his chest.

"Well, you thought wrong, I only went to the girl's lavatory," she said before sitting back down. "And I heard what you said, Seamus, thank you. No one should worry about me...they should worry about her."

"Kefi, please don't do anything you'll regret," Neville pleaded with her. A terrifying thought had raced through his mind of Kefira being expelled because of Umbridge making plenty of complaints to the Ministry if Kefira's behavior worsened.

"I won't regret anything," Kefira told him. "I already told you, Neville, I'm not putting up with nonsense this year. I have no problem calling people out-"