Chapter Seventy Four

Apparently, Neville and Kefira had made the right decision to skip out on the party in the Gryffindor Common Room that evening. When Kefira returned to the dorms, Hermione seemed to be in a foul mood and she certainly didn't want to talk about it. Lavender, on the other hand, was completely giddy, giggling on her bed as she talked to Parvati about a certain Mr. Ron Weasley. Kefira had tried to drown them out as she settled in bed, but she was left slightly scarred as Lavender decided to describe the type of kisser Ron was. Crushing her head between her pillows, the girl prayed that the two would go to bed as she didn't want to hear any more of it. She wasn't going to be able to look at Ron for quite some time after that evening, at least, not in the same manner. 

When Kefira lifted her head up at one point, hoping a dirty look would get the girls to shut up, she saw Hermione sitting on her bed, also looking in the direction of the two girls. If looks could kill, Lavender would have been obliterated on the spot.Hermione looked like she was plotting the girl's death and Kefira had a feeling that there was more than one reason behind it. 

Lavender didn't seem to be letting up anytime soon with the discussion, leaving Kefira to grab her pillow and blanket and head down to the common room. She would have a better chance falling asleep in the common room and she wouldn't have to hear any more of the story of Lavender and Ron snogging. 

As soon as she was settled on the sofa in front of the Gryffindor fireplace, she fell asleep within a few minutes. Although it felt like she hardly got any more than five minutes of sleep as she found herself being shaken the next morning.

"Nooo, go away," She swatted her arm around trying to get the person to leave her alone. "Let me sleep, please."

"Kefi, why are you sleeping down here?"Neville's voice asked with concern as she refused to open up her eyes.

"Because Lavender wouldn't stop talking about snogging Ron last night. It was terrible. I had nightmares about it. I just pictured Ron as these giant pairs of red lips that went around trying to kiss people. It was terrible."

"No wonder he was smiling so much last night, I just thought he was happy about winning the match."

"From what Lavender said, I don't even think he remembers anything about the quidditch match," she shuddered before pulling the blanket over her head. "Scarred for life. Why everyone feels the need to talk about who they snog in this castle, it is beyond me! Just snog and keep me out of it, I don't want to know and I certainly don't care."

Neville sat down near her head, only able to see her hair sticking out from the blanket as she remained hidden under it. He placed his hand over her hair and began petting her, not sure how else to soothe her for the time being. 

"Are you petting me?" She asked him after a moment. He quickly pulled his hand back and muttered an apology, until he heard her chuckle. "No, don't stop, I like it. I always loved it when Rosemary would play with my hair. It feels really good and..."

Her voice trailed off as Neville just played with a few of her looser curls, he peeked under the blanket at one point to see that she was drifting back to sleep. 

Seamus came down minutes later, an amused grin on his face as he saw that Kefira was asleep. A hint of mischief swept over his gaze as he began tiptoeing over to the sofa, preparing to scare the two of them.

"Seamus, she can literally hunt you down, do you really want to do that?" Neville asked without turning around. Seamus froze and for a moment contemplated his previous plan. With a heavy sigh, he slouched his shoulders and made his way to leave the Common Room. Neville smiled triumphantly before settling back, it was the weekend and with no plans made, it would be nice to get some added rest.