Chapter One Hundred Ten

While Kefira was fully prepared to make the trip to St Mungo's for Neville's sake so that he could check up on his parents and reassure himself that they were fine, she had her own plans in mind as well. As restless as she was since the time the start of the summer, Kefira found that one thing kept coming back to the back of her mind. No matter what she did to distract herself, whether it was practising her animagus form or trying to spend time with her own family members, she kept thinking about Faye. Part of her needed to speak with Faye, she needed some sort of closure between her and one of her first friends in Hogwarts.

It never settled right with Kefira with how things ended between the two. Sure, they had drifted apart during the years of school, which was normal even without magic. Not every friendship was destined to last forever, especially when people had different interests and such. That part didn't bother Kefira, but it was the fact that Faye had attempted to kill her. Like most people, it disturbed her to no end that someone she had been friends with had attempted to slowly poison her in order to take her life.

Sure, there was a connection between their pasts, but surely it didn't mean that they had to have history repeat itself. Not to mention, the last time she had seen Faye, it wasn't like the girl was still actively seeking to take Kefira's life, she had been in hysterics and while her parents wanted justice, Kefira just wanted answers. So the trip was definitely well-needed, Neville needed to see his parents and Kefira was hoping to see Faye and just finally set things right or at least, get the full truth behind the situation.

If Faye truly wanted her dead, so be it, at least she wasn't in the position to do anything about it anymore. But Kefira needed to hear that come from Faye's mouth and no one else's.

Of course, her parents didn't want her to be anywhere away from the house, thinking that Kefira and Neville were safest there. But with Bandile offering to accompany them, along with Augusta, it was well-established that they would be in good hands, should anything happen. Which Bandile assured all of them that it was going to be just fine. While the war was taking to new heights, Death Eaters weren't exactly foolish with their actions, they were going to keep low profiles until it was time for them to strike.

For now, both sides had been hush-hush with any news of what was taking place, at least, no new information was passed along to Kefira and Neville, even though they had fully committed themselves to fight for the Order. Of course, it was probably because everyone considered them to be too young or didn't want as many of the young witches and wizards to be involved if they could help it.

Harry played an active role despite his age because it truly centred around him, and Hermione and Ron were included because they had practically been with him at his side since day one. As much as Neville and Kefira wanted to play their own active roles in the fight, it seemed they were going to be a bit of last resort when it came to the options of help. But for now, that allowed them to get what they needed to do done.

St Mungo's felt unusually cold that afternoon when Kefira and Neville arrived with Augusta and Bandile. As Augusta led the way inside, Bandile claimed that he was going to wait outside the ward, the idea of seeing Alice and Frank in their state was something that he wasn't really ready to face that day. Perhaps the memories of the First War when he had first spoken to the couple weighed on his mind heavily and he figured it would be better if he sat the visit out. And for that, Kefira was somewhat glad because she assumed that Bandile would have interfered with her interaction with Faye.

Everyone in the Walsh family had spoken to her about keeping her cautions during her visit as if they read Kefira's mind of what she wanted to do while she was there. She told them over and over that everything was going to be fine. And to make sure that she didn't raise any alarm, she followed Neville into the Janus Thickey Ward to greet Alice and Frank. Of course, the couple appeared cheery as they normally did with Alice occupied with her window time as she had apparently taken to decorating her window with different colour papers to create colourful light effects on her bed.