Chapter Twelve

In times of old when I was new

And Hogwarts barely started

The founders of our noble school

Thought never to be parted:

United by a common goal,

They had the selfsame yearning,

To make the world's best magic school

And pass along their learning.

"Together we will build and teach!"

The four good friends decided

And never did they dream that they

Might someday be divided,

For were there such friends anywhere

As Slytherin and Gryffindor?

Unless it was the second pair

Of Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw?

So how could it have gone so wrong?

How could such friendships fail?

Why, I was there and so can tell

The whole sad, sorry tale.

The Great Hall listened to the newest song of the Sorting Hat as he told the sad tale of the Four Founders and how their friendships had come to a tragic end. The nervous first years shuffled together as they stared down the singing hat, bringing a smile to Kefira's face as she tried to focus on the song. As she listened to the Sorting Hat, she couldn't help but frown as the Sorting Hat went over the four founders and their selections for their houses in the beginning. They would select those that had their traits that they admired most, although it seemed Salazar definitely was bit picky by selecting only purebloods.

Salazar wanted to teach the purest.

Rowena wanted to teach those who's intelligence was surest.

Godric wanted to teach the bravest.

Helga would teach all just the same. 

"You know, I never really thought about it," Kefira whispered to Neville," but while everyone thinks that Hufflepuff is full of a bunch of pushovers, their founder was the nicest. Even Godric was picky about those he chose for his house. I never really thought about it, but everyone gets on Salazar for being picky...but they all were, except for Helga."

Neville thought about it for a moment before looking over at her. "I guess you're right, but the others didn't discriminate against blood status. You could be cunning or ambitious but he wouldn't have let you into his house because of...being...well..you know-"

"A muggle born?" She said bringing Neville to nod his head. "Yeah well, that's because he didn't know what he was missing out on."

The two looked forward as the Sorting Hat's song came to an end, but a very different end from all the other years.

The warning history shows,

For our Hogwarts is in danger