Chapter Twenty Eight

Kefira planned on spending the rest of the weekend relaxing before they had to spend another week in hell with their classes

Kefira planned on spending the rest of the weekend relaxing before they had to spend another week in hell with their classes. She and Neville had planned to spend Sunday together, just in each other's company, and to their good fortune that the weather was cooperating as the last of the autumn sun decided to warm up the day. It was nice to wake up in her bed and feel warm and well rested, but as Kefira glanced over at the empty bed beside hers, she felt quite uneasy. 

"You don't have to worry about it anymore," a voice rang out causing Kefira to nearly jump out of her own skin as she sat up in her bed. She looked over to see Hermione sitting on her bed, fumbling with knitting needles in her lap. Kefira gave her a small smile, knowing nothing else was needed to be said on the matter but noticed the frustrated look on Hermione's face.

"Having fun with your knitting there?" Kefira asked her with an amused grin. Hermione dropped the knitting needles before looking up at her, blowing her hair out of her face. 

"I don't know how Ellie does it," Hermione sighed. "I just don't get it. I've read multiple books about knitting and even when I bewitch the needles, it doesn't hold the same effect. She can knit anything and it comes out a million times better."

"Fred's girlfriend, right?" Kefira said while Hermione nodded. "Well, hasn't she been knitting since...forever? I mean, that's all I ever see her do when she's alone. She's a knitter, it's her talent. Everyone has something they're really good at...you can't be great at everything, Hermione."

Hermione didn't look convinced causing Kefira to roll her eyes. "You don't have to be the best at everything, Hermione. It wouldn't kill you to let other people shine their talents more often," she told her. "But if it bothers you that much, why don't you just ask for help from Eleanor? She seems nice enough that she would teach you."

Not discussing it any further, Kefira pushed herself out of bed and left Hermione to her house-elf knitting so that she could get dressed and meet up Neville for breakfast. 

Neville waited patiently in the Common Room that morning, wondering if Kefira was actually sleeping in. He wouldn't be upset if she was, he actually wished she would sleep in a bit more. He was still nervous about her condition, although she told all of her friends that she felt just fine, he wasn't sure whether she was being a hundred percent truthful. He knew Kefira very well and she did not like to come across as weak to anyone. Neville was trying to explain to her that it wasn't a weakness to get sick, that even the strongest people became sick. She showed her strength by fighting through it and recovering. 

A few minutes later, Hermione appeared muttering to herself with yarn and knitting needles in her hands as she made her way through the Common Room.

"Hermione," Neville called after her, bringing the girl to a halt. She turned around to face him, looking slightly impatient that he was preventing her from leaving right away.