PROLOGUE

KATHERINE EVY JONES

-INCIDENT-

I tie my waitress apron speedily while handling two pairs of dishes on a tray. Tucking a stray lock of my hair behind my ear, I scrutinise myself in front of the mirror. Stepping out of the kitchen, I ask Maria, "Which table?"

Maria, my manager, replies curtly, "Table number 10"

Putting the best smile that I could muster, I attend the table.  Ugh! There are so many people, well... It's Sunday and one of the peak hours, so this kind of situation is expected.  Lizzie, my one and only friend in this hotel comes up to me and asks, "Sweetie? Would you mind attending table number 9? I will give the menus and then please take the orders and all that shit,"

I look at her uneasily and ask, "Where are you off to?"

Her lower lip trembled as she spoke, "My mom... she is in the hospital, Kathy! She suffered from a heart attack recently and..."

I pat her back as I try to soothe her and say, "It's all right, Lizzie, I will attend that table,"

She smiles at me warmly and rushes out the entrance door. Grabbing the note pad off the help desk, I rush to table number 9. 

"Have you decided what you would be having this evening, sir?" I ask.

The man looks up at me as I suck a deep breath. Holy shit! He is probably the most gorgeous man I've ever laid my eyes upon. With  prominent cheek bones, well sculpted lips and those charming blue eyes in which you could probably look in forever, he is the epitome of perfect-ness. 

"Hello?" his voice interrupts my train of thought. 

I quickly mutter a 'sorry' and ask, "Sir?"

He assesses me from head to toe. I think a slight look of appreciation comes to his eyes as he says, "I'll have the Chateaubriand steak with Béarnaise sauce,"

I nod, scribbling his order. Then looking up at him, I ask, "Anything else?"

He shakes his head and then looks at his laptop, dismissing me.

-INCIDENT CLOSE-

That is where I had first met the business tycoon and one of the most richest and charming bachelor of New York, Ace Kingman, the CEO of Kingman Industries. He was one of the most benign and genial persons I have ever met in my entire career as a waitress. Obviously, he is also one of the richest bachelors of the world, thanks to his billions-earning company.  

At the end of the day, I remember:

-INCIDENT-

"Kathy, it's late. Are you sure you would go home by yourself?" my manager asked.

I nodded and replied, "Yes, ma'am." She looks at me for a while, her concern showing. Then, after a while, she replies,"Fine, then."

I wave her a goodbye as I leave. The air outside is unearthly chilly, the cold wind slapping against my numb face. I make it to a few blocks, when I see two men walking behind me. They have been following me, since ten minutes now. Scared, I continue walking, but they catch up to me. One of them whispers, "So, what is such a sexy young woman doing outside at such a time?"

The other hiccuped, obviously drunk, laughed and replied, "Mind giving us some company, lady?" I turn and try to remain as expressionless as possible though my body shakes in fear. They sneer at me disgustingly and one of them says, "Hmmm... Impassive aren't you? Then perhaps what we are going to do to you, won't hurt you?"

The other one jumps to my side and grabs me by my hair roughly, bringing his stinking face dangerously close to mine. I cower under fear as I try to think of something to escape, but my mind goes blank as the other one pulls down the zipper of his jeans. I close my eyes shut waiting for them to make their assault but all I hear is a thud and a punch. I open my eyes fearfully to see, the same guy (on table no.9) towering above the drunk man. The other one holding me, throws me towards the guy and runs away. 

I fall in his arms, my whole body shivering with fear and coldness. As I look up to his beautiful eyes, I whisper a quite and breathless 'thank you'.

-INCIDENT CLOSE-

Ace Kingman, was really one enticing man. I was visibly attracted to him. But when he started to be more caring and well... sweet, I felt something unusual. Something that I never felt before, something which I couldn't put a name on. I guess that is why I trusted him and decided that he was the man who would deflower me. 

The biggest mistake of my life.

The next day when I wake up, I envision him to be by my side. But all I see is an envelope with thousand dollars in it and a 'sorry note'. Pathetic, I was then. 

I shake myself, never will I ever fall victim to such men again. 

And as for Ace Kingman, well he can go and fuck himself.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOT MUCH DETAILED? I KNOW.

VOTE, COMMENT AND FOLLOW ME !