CHAPTER XVII

KATHERINE EVY JONES

"Kyle! Would you please hurry up!" I cry at the top of my voice. 

"Coming mom!" he shouts back and struts in the room with a game in his hand.

I narrow my eyes at the game and fold my hands on my chest. Then with one eyebrow raised I question him, "I didn't buy you that, who gave it to you?"

"Daddy did!" he chimes and hands me the game, "It's brand new! Not yet in the market..."

I sigh and then give the game back to him. He rushes downstairs. I wipe the sheen of sweat accumulating on my forehead with the back of my hand and lift the clothes box.

Ace comes in the room, grinning like a maniac and says, "Want me to help you?"

I shrug and reply, "Pick that box, the one labelled- crockery,"

He nods and then lifts the box and carries it downstairs. I follow him and then place it in the truck. 

"You sure you don't want me to call my men?" he asks, placing the strands of hair behind my ear.

I blush and mutter, "No, I can handle this,"

He has literally asked this, I guess the thousandth time, whether I want to call his men to help me in shifting or not. I have denied these offers, straight away.

He sighs, then takes my hand and makes me follow back in the house, "Err...You do want to come live with me?"

"What do you want me to answer?" I ask with a raised eyebrow, "You know even if I say no, you'd drag me to your house,"

Smiling slightly, he replies, "Uh-huh,"

***

"We'll be living in my family mansion," Ace says, steering the car past the traffic.

"Mansion?" I ask.

"Yeah, with my mum and dad," he admits.

"Great," I mutter and then focus my attention past him, out the window. After one hour, the city disappears behind us and tall trees appear. 

"You sure we going the right way?" I ask him, fear leaking in my voice.

"Of course I am," he says with a small smile and then explains, "My mom and dad needed a place that was away from media completely, you know living in isolation with their own maids and servants,"

I nod and then turn on the music system. Connecting it with my phone, I play 'Wild' by Troye Sivan. Kyle is sleeping behind in the back seat with a thumb in his mouth. I smile at him adoringly. 

I open the window of the car. Cool winds blow against my face gently as I inhale deeply, the smell of the forests. My father used to bring me and my sister here in the forests each and every day and we used to play there for hours and hours, until my feet were so cramped that even standing up was painful. But not since they died in that awful car accident, not  since my sister...

"Hey you alright?" I felt a hand brush against my back.

I looked at Ace and nodded, trying to focus on the moment. He looked at me concerned and kept rubbing circles on the small of my back. I relaxed gradually. Then this song ended and next came up, Uma Thurman by Fall Out Boy.

I cried, "Oh my god! Oh my god!"

"Yeah, yeah... how do you even still love this song?" he drawled, glancing at me and then looking at the road again.

I stuck my tongue at him, "I can move mountains

I can work a miracle, work a miracle oh! oh!"

***  

I watch as Ace unloads our boxes. Kyle is still sleeping in the car and it's like seven now. Their mansion is really far far away. Talking about mansion, I haven't seen anything so huge! I mean what is the fucking need of having such a big house with only two people living in? The gardens surrounding the mansion are a true beauty, with thousands of types of flowers and almost ten enormous fountains, it's not less than a paradise.

"Let me help you," I say and then unload the crockery packages.

He nods and then resumes his work. When almost everything is done, we both are extremely tired (well at least I am). Ace's hair fall forward, almost covering his eyes. I, without thinking, brush them out of his face.

He looks at me, partly with amusement and with... something else. I blurt out, "Can I touch your hair?"

"Sure," he smiles, crookedly.

I feel like an idiot doing this. But his hair is just so freaking soft!? It's so irresistible...I run my hands through his hair but suddenly, he places his hands on my back and then pulls me near him.

I momentarily stop breathing as he slowly rubs his hands in small circles on my arms, then way round my neck. I look at him shyly, his eyes are a shade darker, mouth deep set and lips... I quickly look away from his lips and then push back, away from him.

He looks at me disappointed, as so as I am, in myself. A feeling of emptiness descends over me.

Clearing my throat, I walk in the car and shake Kyle up gently. He mutters a small 'what' groggily and rubs his eyes.

"We are here," I whisper. He sits up and looks around for a minute. Then getting out of the car, he looks around the magnificent view around him and mutters with appreciation, "WOW!"

"Do you like it?"

"I love it," he replies in the same awe struck voice.

I smile at him. Then a car comes to pick us up (The whole way round the main gate to the mansion is around 1km so, yeah). Ace never speaks a word all through the ride.

***

I hold Kyle up and smooth the creases of his shirt. He fusses with his fingers and squirms when I comb his hair with my hands, "Stay put!"

"I wanna explore," he pouts.

"Come on, it isn't as if he is going to a fashion show anyways," Ace comes up behind me. 

I get up and tell Kyle, "Fine, you can 'explore',"

He struts off excitedly. In a split second, Ace towers over me and then holds both my hands tightly behind my back, capturing me.

I squirm and complain, "Let me go Ace!"

"Then stop running away from me," he retorts, nearing me. His lips are almost above mine. I could just-

The main door opens and a lady greets us with a huge smile, "Here you two are finally,"

I sprang back and smile embarrassingly and greet Ace's mom, "Hey Cassandra,"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I AM SO SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE. MY PARENTS WHISKED ME TO MY GRAND MUM'S PLACE WHERE THERE IS NO INTERNET AND THEN WHEN I TURN ON THE DATA, INSTANTLY ENORMOUS AMOUNTS OF IT IS USED UP, JUST LIKE THAT! SO I AM LIKE, "YEAH, THANKS MUM AND DAD!"

I WILL MAKE UP FOR IT, FREAKING PROMISE!

'til then, me readers