CHAPTER II

KATHERINE EVY JONES

I remain momentarily frozen as I see Ace standing in front of me, as shocked and bewildered. He is just as handsome as I remembered him, in his suits and trousers. Brown locks of hair almost covering those beautiful blue brownish eyes, perfectly thin nose scrunched up and those luscious lips formed in an 'o' shape. Those same lips that were teasing me all over my body once...

Ugh! Katherine stop looking like you are desperate for him, for heaven's sake! He almost destroyed your life. 

His lips open and he whispers, "Katherine?"

That deep yet musical voice that gave me tingling sensations all over my body, still has that unnameable effect on me. I shake myself and whisper my mantra 'get a grip woman!' and answer with a tight smile, "Ace, how unlovely to meet you again,"

His smile changes into an inscrutable face and he says, "May I please talk with you?"

Cleaning up the dishes on the vacant table, I reply, "Nah...Not interested..."

Making his way between the tables, he says, "Please?"

"Ace," I sigh, "this is my work place and please do not waste my time..."

He maintains his stance and I ask, "Would you mind stepping aside, sir?"

"No!" he replies, folding his arms on his chest, his muscles bulging.

The guy group around us, who is staring the whole scene unfold with uttermost interest, tries to step in and one of them says, "Dude! Step aside,"

"Yeah dude stop bothering her!"

"Accept when she rejects ya! Man up!"

The last one made me smirk. But, it fades as soon as it came as my I see Madeline approach us. She looks at the guys, then me and then at Ace. Her face changing into one of surprise and she asks in a sweet voice, "What's the problem, sir?"

Ace looks at Madeline, "I need to talk with one of your staff members."

"Why?" Madeline quickly glances at me and then looks at Ace again, continuing, "Is she giving you any trouble?" 

Great! How did this turn on me again?

He replies, "No, she's an old friend of mine. I would like to speak to her..."

Before Madeline can reply, I butt in, "I have a shift, ma'am, I-"

"You can talk to her after her shift get's over, that is," she glances at her watch, "at three o' clock. Why don't you come then?"

Ace looks at her and nods. Then glancing at me, one final time, he leaves the restaurant.

***

I must not let him know of Kyle.

I have been repeating this in my head, a million times. I check the time, it's almost three that means Kyle's day care would be closing soon. I'll have to hurry up and also formulate a plan to somehow escape Ace.

At exact three o' clock, I wave at Madeline, indicating my departure. Without waiting for her reply, I sneak out the back door. Seeing sign of no one in vicinity, I rush past the restaurant until I hear someone's voice, "Going somewhere?"

I turn around and groan, "Why are you still here?"

Ace smirks at me and says, "Well, I knew you would try something like this. So I never left..."

Well, I guess he's coming with me.

I quickly compose my fast breathing and ask, "I need to pick someone up, so why don't you talk your shit en route?"

He nods slowly and asks, "Who?"

"I...s-s-o-o-someone," I hesitate.

He looks at me but thankfully lets it go. We walk in silence, me leading towards the creche. Conversationally he says, "You aren't the same... I mean you've changed... a lot..."

"What do you mean, like I'm not the same dumb ,pathetic, soft, easily falling to your charms kind of girl now?" I ask, laughing.

He looks at me seriously and replies, "You were a lot of things, Katherine. But one thing I know for sure, you weren't pathetic or dumb."

"Well, that's comforting," I mutter.

"Do you mind taking the car?"

Confused, I ask, "Why?"

"There are lots of fan girls and paparazzi this way. My bodyguards cannot handle that large crowd at once,"

I chuckle sarcastically and reply, "Ace, if you think that I am going anywhere with you, then you are living in la la land, honey,"

"You must come this way, Katherine," he wasn't asking me.

"No," I say defiantly.

He looks at me for a few seconds and then sighs, "Please?"

"Still a no," I say shaking my head. I continue walking as he says, "You leave me no choice,"

Turning around, I ask, "What do y-"

Ace charges towards me and in a flick of eye, he throws me over his shoulder, so I am hanging upside down. I squeal, a very unladylike squeal I might add, and then I pound his rock hard back shouting, "PUT ME DOWN YOU MORON!"

He doesn't answer me and then presses a button on his ear piece, "We are in fourth alley way, beside the Montana restaurant," 

Then walking a few miles further, I see a black car. I cry again, "Ace please! Put me fucking down!"

"It kind of turns me on, to see you begging again," he says.

"Put me down and then we will see who's begging," I mutter. Then a man gets down from the car and opens the door. 

Ace puts me down and pushes  me gently in the car. Then walking the other way, he opens the door and slides into the seat.

I cross my hands over my chest and mention, "This is kidnapping, you know."

He looks at me and smirks, "What are you going to do about it, file a case against me?"

"YES!" I say.

"We'll see who wins it," he says still smirking.

"Rich people," I mutter disgustingly.

Raising an eyebrow, he says, "You really seem to hate me, Kathy,"

"No shit Sherlock!" I snarl.

The driver interrupts our bickering and asks Ace, "Where to?"

Ace looks at me questioningly. I mutter, "South block, plot 7, Kidzeria,"

The driver nods and turns on the partition. 

Ace looks at me, expressionless and asks, "So you got a kid, huh?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WOHOO! SECOND CHAP!

ANOTHER THING. I AM GOING ON A TRIP, SO MAY NOT BE UPDATING AS REGULARLY.

UNTIL THEN FELLAS!