CHAPTER XXX

KATHERINE EVY JONES

Marcia Evy Jones.

Those words engraved there always would remind me of my loss.

Ace comes closer to me and hugs me from behind. I just want to melt into his arms, stay there and forget the worries of the world. 

"I am so sorry, Katherine," he whispers in my ear.

I nod. Then turning back, still in his arms, I say, "I owe you a story too, though it isn't connected to us in any way...but it feels good to say it,"

He nods, then flashing me his signature smile, he replies, "That's true,"

I lead him to the nearby bench. He waits for me to speak while I inhale deeply and then exhale. Then looking at him, I start, "Marcia was my sister. My mum and dad, as you know died in an accident. She was the only family I had left and I intended to keep it that way,"

"But, of course God didn't want it that way. Marcia was diagnosed with leukaemia. I got her to a doctor after her frequent complaints of fever, headache and pain. That is where we first got the news. Everything after was hazy...as was with Maisie,"

He gulped as I mentioned her, but still squeezed my hand.

"She died I guess two months before we met. After Kyle's birth, I used to get him here regularly. Though not now, I think he could be a little more older before I explain him everything. You know it felt good, to be here and I could just speak about things...knowing that she would be listening even if she wasn't with me..."

A tear dropped from my eye. I didn't have the fear and hesitant feeling when talking about her. It happened long ago, the pain is there but it's fading. And knowing my crazy sister, she wouldn't have wanted me to cry in some corner. 

Ace caught the tear with his thumb and wiped it gently. I smiled at him, I should be angry with him but I am not. I should feel hatred towards him but I don't. I just want to be with him though knowing I cannot.

"How was she?" he asked me. 

"Marcia...she was lively and crazy. She would usually go to those crazy parties while I was the one sitting at home doing homework," I smiled as I described her to him, "She would drag me to some of them, but it ended in her getting drunk and me being the awkward person. But despite her being popular in school, she wasn't your typical mean girl...she was strong,"

"I miss them, Marcia," I wept, sinking in the corner of my room.

Marcia rushed to me and hugged me hard. I let my head fall on her shoulder, it felt comfortable. Life had been so unfair to both of us. Mum and dad both, they were gone. We had no one to talk to or discuss our problems with. 

"I miss them too, Kathy," she whispered as tears fell from her eyes.

She quickly wiped them and then proceeded to wipe mine. I let her. She said soothing words to me, sang the lullaby mum used to sing to us to sleep. Her voice matched mum's, a lot. She even looked like her, with her hazel eyes and chocolate brown bangs.

As I was on the verge of sleeping, I could feel her whisper, "Be strong, Katherine. Things will get better, it may be stormy now...but it never rains forever...Be strong, Katherine. Always."

I looked at him, finally. My gaze was focused on the building. Ace looked sad and proud at the same time. He entrapped me in a side hug from one of hands. 

"You are so strong, Katherine," he whispered, his lips on my hair. I was so close to him, I could feel his voice resonate when he spoke. 

"I am so fucking sorry," he whispered again. 

I looked at him and mumbled, "I am sorry too Ace. I am so sorry..."

He chuckled and replied, "People make mistake Katherine. But I like it big...so I completely fuck it all up,"

I chuckled at him. Then pushing myself back gently, I looked at him. His eyes were deep set, a shade of blue with a tinge of brownish black in it. He was smiling, the smile I loved to see him wear. Neither a sarcastic smirk nor a silly smile.

Smile for a reason.

Smile for me.

***

We sat there for twenty minutes, recalling idiotic incidents. Then suddenly, Ace got up and said, "I will be back in two minutes,"

I nodded as watch him run out the graveyard. I wonder what has got to him. Fiddling with my hair, I waited for him.

He returned five minutes later with a bunch of flowers. 

I looked at him with a quizzical expression. He smiled again and replied, "Flowers...For Marcia..."

I smiled and nodded wordlessly. 

Following him to her grave, our hands touched when we put the flowers there. 

"Thank you, Marcia. For keeping her strong," Ace whispered beside me.

I beamed at him and then said, "It must be getting late...I need to pick up, Kyle..."

He nodded, then after a few moments, he asked, "Can I come too?"

"Sure," I replied promptly.

While leaving the graveyard, I turned back and my eyes settled on her grave one last time. I could almost hear her whispering- Be strong, Katherine. Things will get better, it may be stormy now...but it never rains forever...Be strong, Katherine. Always.

I will Marcia. I will.

Always.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YAY! TWO CHAPTERS IN A DAY!?

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT PEOPLE!

AND AGAIN, AGAIN AND AGAIN-

THE CAST!? POST YOUR COMMENTS REGARDING THE CAST