01

'But for now let's getaway
On a Roman Holiday.'

The Halsey song in my ears blocking out the sounds of traffic and the real radio. Being a 17 year old moving from the place I grew up at so my mom can be with her "boyfriend" needless to say I'm in a bad mood. I'm the kinda mood where I just wanna turn up my music and drown the world but I can't do that for long because I'm the way to my mom's new boy toy's house right now. I can't believe of all place it's Australia.

Why would she decide to move in with a guy without me even meeting him or knowing anything about him? The whole situation frustrated me and kept repeating all of my angry un answered questions to myself as the car moved faster and faster to my new life... and farther and father away from my old one.

My Halsey song ended and Sex by The 1975 comes on in replacement. The more I listen the more I forget about everything-just for a moment. For moment everything is okay... normal.

Just as I'm drifted away in my 'normal dreamworld' my mom of course snaps me out of it with the dreaded words "We're here!" Her voice is chirpy. As if everything perfect.

I sigh pulling my left ear bud out studying the house that we just pulled in front of. It's huge. Is my first thought. It looks like a picture perfect house. Looks fake. Bright green, trimmed grass. A white picket fence. Perfectly rounded green bushes by the front porch. Fake.

"Oh honey, isn't it just lovely?" My mom says happily staring at the house. I look at her and roll my eyes. Saying nothing.

"Oh honey please give this chance," my mom pleads quietly. I nod. I'm currently using the silent treatment. Do I think it'll change anything? I know it won't. But it makes it slightly more copiable for me. Selfish. Yes. But it's also selfish moving your daughter to another country for her 'new daddy' that she's never met. I knew my had a boyfriend and I knew she flew over to seem him some but didn't know they were this serious.

I get out of the car and I swear not even a second later there he is. The man that took me away from my home.

"Amy! Oh I've missed you!" My mother's boyfriend comes and hugs and kisses my mom. I gag.

"Andy! I'm so happy that I'm finally here," my mom gushes. I gag some more.

After they pry themselves off each other Andy locks eyes with me. I'm trying my best to pay attention to the now All American Reject blaring in my right ear but of course here he come louder than ever.

"Oh Ella! It's so great to finally meet you. I really hope you like it here. I really do!" Okay this dude is way to perky for me I can't stand it. I hope this dies down soon because if not I'm out. I don't really reply to him just a simple head nod and a subtle-very subtle- fake smile. I then walk over the car and get my backpack full of my little stuff I need.

"She is uh... having a hard time with all this," my mom quietly says to Andy.

"Oh well that's not a problem! I understand Ella. Take all the time you need to adjust," he says. I nod again and begin walking to the house and Andy tries to catch up. "Oh wait Ella! Let me give you that house tour!" Oh no here we go.

He comes a head of me and leads into the big house. I look around at the high ceilings, hard wood floor and perfect furniture. Fake I tell myself.

"This is the main area," he begins. He takes all though out the house for what seems like hours until he finally says "and this is your room! You can get settled in anytime you want but for now you'll have to bring your stuff in here. Well that's all Ella! I'll be carrying stuff and in. Please come help when you're ready. Okay I'll see you in a second!" And he was off again.

I set my bag down by the door studying the room. Cream colored wall. A clear mattress without any sheets or blankets yet. Just a simple room not much. I wonder how much posters I could-

"Who the hell are you?" My thoughts are interrupted by a unfamiliar voice. I turn around seeming a tall, lanky, blond haired blues eyed teenage boy around my age I guess.  Black skinny jeans and a Nirvana tee along with some black converse. I couldn't deny I immediately enjoyed his punk like fashion sense.

"Are you just gonna keep checking me out or tell who you are?" He remarks clearly very frustrated.

"Uh-I'm.... wait who are you? Why are you here?"

"I asked you first. What are you doing in my house?" He eyes stare intently at me asking for answer.

"What do you mean your house. This can't be your house," I shoot back confidently.

"Fine this is my father's house? Is that better-"

"Wait," I stop him. This is his dad's house. He's Andy's son. "Andy has a son," I state.

He locks eyes with me and tenses up. "How the hell do you know my dad's name?"

"Your- my mom and me are moving in..."

"I didn't know Amy had a daughter. A pretty bitchy one too it seems." He scoffs.

"Uh, Excuse me?" I sass at him.

"I mean look at you! This is my house and you didn't have decency to introduce yourself?!" He comebacks.

"Okay fine! My name is Ella Dayton, better? Oh and I don't think you introduced yourself either." I roll my eyes at the boy.

He look at me. His icee blue eyes looking at me from my long brown hair to my grey vans. "My name is Luke Hemmings."

We stand in silence for a few seconds until we hear the door downstairs open making us run downstairs calling for our parents.

We were met by our parents grinning at us.

"Aww!" Luke's dad speaks. "I guess you two already found each other!"

"Yeah ha ha dad, very funny. You told me Amy was moving in. You never mentioned a daughter." Luke raises his voice at his father pointing to me.

"Well we wanted it to be a surprise," my mom and Andy giggle together. Me and Luke both roll our eyes in disgust.

"You've got to be kidding me," I shake my head in awe.

"Aw Ella, honey, I thought you'd love this!" My mom coos.

"Love this? Pick up everything and move to another country! This a nightmare mom and this," I gesture to Luke, "makes it worse mom. Thanks." With that I charge upstairs with Luke close behind. We both march into our rooms and slam our doors. 

I sit on the floor leaning my back against the door playing with my neckless in my hand. My eyes are slightly teary. I run my hand through my hair closing my eyes shut wishing I could go back home.

Was it immature? Yes it was, but at this point I didn't care. I'm probably overreacting but I don't care about that either. All I wanted was for things to go back to normal. That's all I needed.

First chapter sucks I know but bear with me here!

I hope you guys enjoyed anyway

Lexi xx