22

Luke's POV

The day after me and Ella finally made up I decided to go visit mum and Jonah. I went pretty early, before Ella even got up.

"Luuuuke," Jonah yells running over to me as soon as I walk through the door.

"What's up Little Man?" I smile as he wraps his arms around my legs.

"Luke! What brings you here?" My Mum says says walking into the living room from the kitchen.

"Just came to chat," I tell her.

"Oh, well I was just in the kitchen. You can come and chat while I work," she says as we walk into the kitchen. I take a seat at the table as she continues washing dishes.

We have some small talk until I finally break and the number one thing on my mind starts to spill. "Hey Mum," I say randomly.

"Yes Luke?"

I sigh. "I know that you know the feeling of... really liking someone that you shouldn't and you know it'll cause trouble but, for some reason that isn't stopping you." I get out staring at the table.

My mom's voice gets gentle. "Luke, honey what's bothering you. Just say it."

I shake my head and my voice goes weak. "I can't."

"Of course you can," she walks over to me. "I promise I won't tell anybody."

I'm quiet for a few moments, choosing my words. Finally I say, "It's Ella Mom. I like my stepsister and she likes me. I-I just don't know what to do."

Surprisingly, my mum simply lets out a chuckle. "Honey, I saw it coming."

My eyes widen. "What?" I shriek.

"Come on," she rolls her eyes. "I've seen the way you two are and I can tell there's feelings there."

I shake my head, running a hand through my hair. "What do I do?"

After a few moments of silence and decided her words she speaks, "I probably shouldn't say this, but I kinda understand how you're feeling so I feel like I must." She sigh, "follow your heart. It's yours and no one else and true love doesn't depend on situation."

I think for a moment, smiling at her words. "So, you think I should go for it?"

"I think you should try it, take it slow," she replies. "Just try to keep it on the down-low."

"Thanks. But what about Dad and Amy?" I ask.

"Just give it time," she says. "If it ends up looking like it's gonna last a while then tell them. I'm not telling you to keep secrets from your father but right now I think it might be best him not to know. You and Ella are young, there's no telling where this may lead to right now."

"Thanks, Mum. Means a lot," I give her a grateful smile, in which she returns. Now, I knew what I needed to do.

***

*Ella's POV*

I woke up with Luke out of the house and my parents in the living room. I lazily walked into the living room, heading to the kitchen when my mom grabs my attention.

"Ella, will you come here for a moment?" My mother asks. I immediately start to feel nervous and thoughts begin to race about what this could possibly be about. My mind immediately goes to me and Luke and I pray they didn't find out everything. However, with my heart pounding, I take a seat on the loveseat.

"So," she starts. "Me and Andy were talking and we know this move has been hard on you."

I nod my head, it really has.

"And we know you miss everyone from Ohio." She continued and I still agree. "Plus, the holidays are coming up..."

She trails off with her words but I think I already know where this is heading and it makes me smile. "So," she says. "We were gonna let you spend the holidays back home." She smiles and immediately perk up.

"No way!" I smile. "Thank you, thank you so, so much." I give them both a hug.

"You do realize you be alone, we wouldn't be able to go with you," Andy assures.

I shrug, "that's fine. It'll be worth it anyway," my smile is still yet to fade.

Just then Luke walks into the house, with a small grin on his lip but it fades a little bit when he sees our us. "Whoa, am I missing some kinda family meeting or something," he says with a small chuckle.

"No, we just had to talk to Ella a bit," Andy tells him.

"I'm going back to Ohio!" I cheer not thinking about my words at first.

Luke's fave quickly grows pale and his smile is completely gone. "W-what?"

"Wha- oh... I meant just for Christmas, sorry," I give a sorry laugh.

The color returns to his face and he take a sigh of relief quickly taking me into his arms. "Thanks God you scared me."

We hear someone clear their throats, causing us to quickly separate. Luke's face goes red, he forgot they were here. I can tell.

"I didn't realize that you two have gotten so close," my mother says furrowing her eyebrows.

"Oh um," Luke coughs. "I guess we're kinda close, but I-I was just caught off guard, is all. I mean we're not that close. We do have the same friends, for the most part but, I mean-"

He was rambling. He was rambling like he always did when he got nervousness so I knew I needed to cut him off. "He's tired, aren't you, Luke? You look like it."

He swallows. "Oh yeah, I didn't sleep to well last night..."

"How come?" My Mom asks, a little concerned. Good job changing the subject, Luke.

"Oh, no reason, really. Just one of those nights, you know?" He replies with a shrug.

Our parents share a glance but agree to him.

"By the way," Luke says. "The gang's going out to get some lunch at the diner. You coming?"

"Yeah, I'll be dressed in second I say," turning around and walking to my room. Just then a great idea hit me....

A/n: here's a little filler, hope it wasn't to boring for yah.

Love you guyssss

~Lexi xx