14

We kept the morning seeming normal. With our usual mornings greetings and everything. When mom and Andy left me and Luke looked at each other.

I prop my self on the counter swinging my legs off the edge.

"Okay let's agree on one thing," Luke states. "No matter what goes on between us we have to keep it secret."

My eyes widen, "definitely."

"At least for now."

"Yep."

"So no PDA."

"Not - uh."

"So it's settled."

"That it is."

"Great."

"Wonderful."

"Can I kiss you right now?"

"Please do." With that our lips collided for our third kiss together. Luke put his hand on the back of my neck as our lips moved in perfect sink.

We quickly separated and Luke coughed awkwardly. "Yep, none of that when we get to school, you hear?"

***

Walking into school was... different.

We walked in just like did ever other morning. Side by side, not overly acknowledging each other but that didn't stop the imitate tense air we walked into.

I looked around furrowing my eyebrows at the more quiet than usual hallway. I heard whispers coming from either sides of me.

"Luke," I whisper. "What the hell is going on?"

"I don't know," he mumbles. "But I don't like it."

"Disgusting ," I hear a voice snear.

I shoot a look at the direction the voice came from. What the hell are they talking about?

I stop at my locker as Luke says goodbye and walks away.

"Oh my God Ella!" I hear an annoying high pitched voice. I slowly turn around seeing Sophie... one of the most annoying girls at school.

"Uh... hey?" It sounds more like question. "Can I help you?"

"Of course not silly! Can't I just talk to my friend?" She smiles pushing my shoulder playfully.

"I didn't know we were friends but okay," I mumble.

"Is it true you and your stepbrother are dating?"

The question almost made drop my books. "What?" I raise my voice slightly.

"You know are you and Luke..." she trails off but she didn't need to finish.

"Of course not!" I say. I wasn't lying. Me and Luke weren't dating nor were we step siblings. We are just two people who's parents are dating each other and have kissed a few times. "Why the hell would you think that?"

"The entire school is talking about. Everyone thinks you and your stepbrother fucked," she giggles.

I roll my eyes slamming my locker. "Well, you can tell everybody that it's not true." With that I turn on my heels and walk away angrily.

***

"Why in the world would anyone think you and Luke are together?" Lily asks clearly upset about the situation as well.

Me and Luke look at each other, "I don't know," I lie.

Just the I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket. I look at it. It's a message from Luke.

Luke: How did people find out?

Me: idk maybe someone saw us at Charlie's

I glance up at Luke who is shaking his head.

Luke: No way, you saw who all was there. There was like three people there and they were all old. No one that goes to this school goes near that place.

I mentally sigh.

Me: I just don't know Luke.

We both look up from our phones returning to the conversation.

"Were you two just texting while right beside each other?" Michael asks.

Me and Luke share a glance. "No," Luke says. "Our parents just sent a group chat to us. We need to go get paper towels on our way home from school."

I nod i agreement.

"Okay then," Michael says taking a sip from his juice.

***

Me and Luke was walking to his car. We walked fast, wanting to get away from all the whispers as fast as possible.

"Oh look, there's the lovely couple."

"Get the fuck away Nick," I spit.

"Upset over something?" He tilts his head.

"Nick, I highly suggest you stay away from us right now," Luke says stepping closer to him.

"Why?" He walks towards us. "Can't I just ask my friends how their day went?" He throws his arm around my shoulder making me push him away.

"Don't touch her," Luke yells pushing Nick.

"Luke be careful," I warn. "Look Nick, are you behind this shit anyway?"

"What?" He shoots an innocent look. "The rumor about you two fucking?"

"That would be the one," I nod.

"Well," he pauses. "Let's just say no one ever says no to me princess."

"You've got to be kidding with me?" Luke groans running a hand through his hair.

"So," I pause thinking. How does he know about mine and Luke's little fling? Unless he doesn't... "You're basically just spreading around lies that you know are not true what's so ever."

"I guess, yeah.," Nick shrugs.

Me and Luke share a slightly relieved glance, but is quickly replaced by anger.

"Just because she didn't want to have sex with you?" Luke spits.

"You got it," he says beginning to walk away cockily. As he walks away he whispers in my ear, "maybe next time you'll listen."

Nervous chills run down my spine at his words. I look at Luke. "Don't worry about him El, let's just get in the car."

"Well," I sigh, getting into the car. "At least he doesn't know. He's just making up shit."

Luke let's out a small chuckle. "Yeah I guess that's true isn't it?" He says starting the engine

"I doubt they will even remember this in a few weeks anyway."

"Yeah, I'm sure," Luke says. There's a moment of silence before Luke finally says, "Let's just get the fuck away from this place."

A/n: This wasn't my best chapter I'm sorry but these rumors suck.

Who here wants to kill Nick?

Yeah me too.

Okay love you beautiful people!

~Lexi xx