05

I hate mornings with all my heart.

I've always have but I hated this one more than others. The feeling of my soft blanket against my skin and my head resting on the soft pillow. But the comfort wasn't the only reason to stay in bed. I also did not want to see Luke nor Nick today. However I couldn't avoid the dude I live with, and I have to apologize to Nick.

After pressing the snooze five times I knew I'd be late if I waited much longer so I got up.

I tiredly throw on a hoodie and leggings but really caring about my appearance with my hair in a pony tail.

Walking downstairs Luke is already there. Avoiding him I open a cabinet grabbing a box of granola bars. Grabbing one out it I finally make eye contact with Luke.

"Ready?" He asks.

I don't reply, just make my way to the door hearing Luke's footsteps trail behind me.

After a quiet car ride, with no sound except for the car and the music Luke has kept on a low volume, I meet Lily inside the school.

How am I supposed to apologize to Nick? Could we still be friends after this? I still can't believe Luke's behavior. I shake my head myself thinking what a idiot he was. Then telling at me for starting the truth. It was very embarrassing and he should understand that.

"Is everything okay?" Lily asks.

"What?" I snap out of my thoughts of all my current stress.

"What's wrong? You're out of it," she stops and lean my back on the lockers behind me, hugging my books to chest.

"Nothing, I'm just tired..." I trail off as a face catches my eye. Nick. He stands with a smile on his face, talking to his friend, running a hair though his hair.

"That's what the all say. Tell me," Lily pleads, but I just stare Nick's way. (Not at him just in his direction.) My face is blank as I trail back into my thoughts.

"Nick?" Lily once again snaps me out of my thoughts.

"What?" I back into reality.

Lily glance back Nick's way. "Do you like him?"

"What-no! No I don't, that's not it," I snap.

"Then what is it?" She asks.

"Uh... we're gonna be late come on."

"Ella-"

"I'll tell you later," I say quickly as we walk away.

***

The day is normal beside the fact I'm avoiding Lily's questions all during it.

I walk out of third period alone.

"Ella," I hear turning around.

"Nick," I say. He opens his mouth to speak but I cut him off. "Look- I'm sorry- about yesterday. Luke is... stupid."

He chuckles brushing his hair through his dark hair. "You're just fine Ella. Don't worry about it."

"Thanks," I sigh.

"You're going to lunch next period right?" He asks and I nod. "How about you sit with me?"

"What?" I ask slightly surprised.

"Yeah sure," he flashes another sweet smile. "I think me and my friends would love to get to know you."

He speaks like any new girl wants someone to speak to them. Saying that they want to get to know that and inviting them into their friend group. His kindest makes me smile. "Sure," I reply.

***

Nick meets me in the lunch room walking me to his table. He treated me very genuine and friendly which I appreciated.

We sat down at the table with about seven or so of the most talked about people of our school. I became slightly nervous being with the so called "popular group." I was never associated with such in Ohio.

"Hey guys," Nick smile at his group as he settles down on his seat. "This is Ella."

I say hi as the rest casually greet me. They were just as nice too.

"Ella!" A blond girl smiles, "it must be so hard moving like that. Where are you from again?"

"Ohio..." I trail.

"My name is Maddie by the way," she smiles I nod. They keep talking about crazy it must've been or me to move like I did.

"Not too mention your stepbrother you have to deal with," chuckles another, Trent, as he runs his hand through his dark hair. This earns a nod of agreement by the rest of the teenagers.

"He's not my stepbrother," I shake my head lightly chuckling as long. "Our parents aren't married. He's just the son of my mom's new boy toy."

They all look at each other playfully shaking their heads. "Whatever floats your floats your boat Ella."

***

"You don't get it Ella it's a big deal!" Lily squealed at me as I roll my eyes.

"Sitting at a lunch table is a big deal?"

"It is when you sit with the most worshiped people of this school," she beams at me.

"They were just being nice to 'the new girl,' that's it Lily," I shake my head.

She sighs at me slightly shaking her head me. "Just don't get too sucked into their group. Remember those for you while you were just a small outcast," she dramatically puts for hand over her face, walking away.

What was even the big deal?

A/n: Short chapter I apologize.

I hope you beauties have a great day/night! :)

Much love

                     ~Lexi xx