09

"Cinnamon toast crunch is better," Luke's thick accent speaks behind me.

I keep a hold of the box of Lucky Charms in my hands. "Really?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Definitely," he says as he plays with his lip ring.

"Well I don't give a shit I'm eating lucky charms."

"You go Ella!" Lily's voice pipes up from the table of teenage boys. It was the morning at mine and Luke's house after the sleepover.

I roll my eyes at my best friend while boys give her glance in which she just shrugs, "female empowerment."

  "Okay what's the plan for today?" Ashton chirps.

  We share a look, looking for an answer out of any of us. "I hear there's a music festival down town," Michael speaks.

"That sounds fun," Lily nods.

I nod in agreement along with rest of us.

***

The sound of children's laughter, the feel of moody teens and the smell of fried delights. There's not many other places like the fair.

I used to go with my friends back in elementary school but not too much since. The fair back in Ohio- at least where I was- wasn't made a very big deal. But here there was much more. From the much bigger Farris Wheel to the sheer bigger crowd this fair seemed to intrigued me from first sight.

"Never seen a fair before?"

I turn to Luke rolling my eyes. "Not like this one."

"Our fairs our great," Lily smiles. "There's this ride called the Big Bad Wolf. Ah, it's sick you gotta go on it!"

"Definitely," Calum agrees making eye contact with Lily.

We began to walk around the crowded fair. "Ella, come with me on this one!" Lily said excitedly while grabbing my wrist and pulling me towards the line of people.

I chuckle at the girl, "why are you so excited?"

"I don't know," she smiles. "Besides," she pulls closer to ear and says in a whisper. "I think Calum was checking me out over there."

I raise my eyebrows and glance over at Calum who is waiting in the food line with the boys. His eyes quickly moves from us to the ground when he catches me looking, face going red.

"Don't look at him," Lily wines slapping my arm.

"Sorry, sorry," I laugh. "And yeah he's checking you out. You've got to talk to him."

"I don't know..." she trails off.

We got on the Twisting Twister and strapped ourselves in. "Ready?" I smile.

"Ready."

***

"I forgot how good funnel cake was," I giggle.

"Me too," Michael replies with a full smile causing a laugh from our friend group.

We were all sitting on a bench enjoying our great food we have just purchased.

"This was a great idea, Lily." Calum says with a smile towards Lily.

I look at her smirking causing her to just roll her eyes.

"What the fuck," we hear a mutter from Ashton.

"What's wrong mate?" Luke asks.

"Uh..." he trails off. "You don't wanna know." He says quickly.