Epilogue

"Mom look!" Our daughter Kenzie points at a flower dress in the window of a thrift store on the strip we were on.

"Very pretty," I smile at my daughter.

"I don't know, might be a little too grown up for you." Luke says trying to play protective at his six year old daughter.

"Dad," our four year old Alex, motions. "It's your favorite store.

We look towards the Guitar Center store Alex was pointing at. Luke laughs, "you know me well buddy."

I can never figure out how lucky we've become. Even after everything we've been through here we are with a beautiful, happy family. Our parents eventually gotten used to mine and Luke's relationship and everything has been going very well, 10 years later. Luke's now a proud owner of a music school.

He bought a huge building down town about five year ago and it's been a great hit. Tons of kids are constantly wanting lesson. Luke even has a gig or two at local pubs and stuff every once in a while. Michael, Calum and Ashton will even join him sometimes.

As for me I went for my desire to become a teacher and now teach middle school. I love it and it truly is what I was meant to do.

Our family make our way into the classic, 'Charlie's Café'. In there we're greeting by our high school best friends and their families.

Ashton got married first during his last year of college to a girl named Jamie. We all love her. They have a little daughter named Madelyn Faith, who's two.

Calum and Lily ended up getting married about five years ago. Calum proposed in the middle of college but they could never quite find the right time to finally get married until years later.

Michael isn't married yet but he's been dating this girl named Jenny for almost a year now. They're perfect for each other. She'll be a kid with him but also has just the right amount of maturity to level him out, which is exactly what he needs.

"About time you guys got here," Michael chuckles as we walk in and take our seat.

"Sorry we're late but we had to stop to look at of the pretty dresses," Luke says and we all laugh.

"Uncle Mikey!" Our children cheer and runs through our friend.

"I don't understand why they like you so much," I shake my head laughing.

"What can I say?" He shrugs.

"They can probably just relate to him," Calum laughs and we a join him.

I look around at all of our friends and their wives, girlfriends, and children. I feel a grin plaster over my face. I feel so lucky, so happy. Luke put his arms around me and kiss my head.

"I can't believe we made it," I whisper to him.

"But we did," he replies.

He was right. We really did.

A/n: OH MY GOSH

Okay well this is the end of Stepbrother. I want to thank everyone who this story some love. You guys honestly have no clue how much that means to me.

This is my first fanfic I've ever actually finished and you've guys have been nothing but amazing towards it. It's bitter-sweet watching it end but I'm excited to see what happens after this.

This story has taught me so much about writing that I will definitely be using in the future.

Once more in this story

Much love ,
~ lexi x