02

'Where is he?!'

I hear myself yell but no answer comes from the people sitting in front of me with blank expressions. My voice is shaky and I feel as if the world is slowly closing in on me. The words keep coming through my mouth as is I couldn't control them.

'Where is he?!'
'Where is he?!'
'Where is he?!'

I shot up in my bed, tears streaming down my face. I was trembling. The dream still echoing in my head. The scene of it all playing over and over as if it was happening right in front of me. This all too familiar feeling sends chill down my still shaking body. My hands are shaky and I can hear my heart pounding. I look at the clock.

6:23

I sigh knowing I'm not falling back to sleep. I sit in silence for a few moments calming myself down before I get up and go to my suitcase.

I lay out a black skater shirt, a sleeveless 1975 shirt and combat boots. I head to the bathroom to get ready opening the door but am quickly stopped.

"What do you think you're doing?!" A shirtless Luke yells. Of course.

"Uh getting ready," I sass.

"Not in my bathroom you're not!" He sasses back.

I shake my head. "Nope! When Andy gave me a tour of this house he said this was my bathroom!"

Luke scoffs. "Ha! I've lived in under this roof my entire life and used this bathroom and I'm not stopping now." He stands his ground but I do too.

"Well you're gonna have to deal with it because sometimes things change Lukey." I taunt but quickly froze when noticing his reaction.

It was like Luke snapped and storm started to brew in his bright blue eyes. "Don't you ever call me that again!" He raises his voice stepping closer. "And this is my bathroom, okay? I'm sorry the little princess might not get what she wants for once but news flash! The world doesn't change just you can walk through peacefully and I'm sorry if you weren't you to that wherever your from but that how it will always be here."

I'm taking back by this side of Luke... I'm almost scared even. I stood there for a minute trying to study his face but then quickly decided to back down. He needed to be alone. I don't know what I said sent him into that rage but it wasn't good. But I understood.

I go back to my room to get ready. I put some light make up on and look in the mirror pleased with my appearance throw my outfits on walk out my bedroom door and down the many stair and to the kitchen.

"Hey honey," my mom greets still in her pajamas. She is going to start work in couple days with Andy so she has no reason to get out her pajamas.

I just give a "mhm" in response making her sigh. I suppose she was hoping I'd be in a better mood but she was going to have to wait a while for that.

I glance around the kitchen to find something for breakfast and am satisfied when I find myself a box of Captain Crunch on top of the refrigerator. I get some milk out of the fridge and make my bowl of cereal and head to table with my mother. I eat in silence for a few seconds before Andy and Luke entered the room at the time.

Luke was quickly striding his long legs over to the counter to get the keys avoiding eye contact from everyone in the room. He takes the keys and head to the door before Andy stops him.

"Not so fast," Andy says lightly grabbing Luke's shoulder. Luke turns around making eye contact with his father and sighs.