10

School was hell.

Not that I didn't think it would be. The rumors really spread everywhere. Everyone looked at me weird. Whispering, but would quickly look away when I glanced their way. How did almost being raped cause me to be treated badly.

I stopped at my lock when I locked eyes with the Devil himself.

Nick.

It was like a serge of electricity shot through my body at the sight of him and I couldn't hold myself back. I walked up to him causing him to stop in my his conversation.

"Look El-"

"No don't even!" I cut him off. "I can't believe you. You know very well we never hooked up and yet you told everyone- and don't even try to deny it."

I've never done anything like this before. If someone upset me I just let it slide. But this was different. No one has ever embarrassed me in such a way. Especially about something so... wrong.

"El, what's going on?" I turn around spotting Michael and Luke walking up behind me.

"Oh," Luke states looking Nick in the eye. "You have a lot of balls, you know that? Talking shit about what you know isn't right."

"Look mate-" Nick tried to explain himself seeming scared from Luke's very angry tone.

"Don't even try," Luke steps closer and closer to Nick causing me were. Luke was just about to throw a punch when Michael pulled him back.

"Don't even bother Luke," he said shooting a death glare to Nick. "He's not worth it."

I look up at Nick who looks slightly relieved and at Luke who looked my worried expression and calmed down.

"Let's go El." I nod following the blonde boy.

"Thank you," I say.

"Don't mention it."

***

Luke was fine through out the day. At least that's what I thought, but when we got home and I heard Luke had his "Sad playlist" and his now guitar playing I knew something was up. Luke never didn't play his guitar after school. It helped him unwind.

While I Miss You by Blink 182 was playing I decided to knock on the door to check on him.

"Who is it?" I hear from the other side of the door.

"It's El," I answer softly.

"Oh uh," I hear some moving. "Come in, I guess."

I open the door seeing Luke sitting on his bed casually messing around on his phone.

"Hey," I say walking in.

"Hi," he replies nonchalantly not making eye contact.

"You okay?"

He shuffles. "Uh- yeah, why -uh- why would I not be?"

I take a seat next to him on his bed. "Because you're not playing guitar and you've only been playing sad songs ever since we've gotten home."