24

Luke tried knocking on my door to talk to me but I wasn't in the mood. I didn't know how I felt but I knew I was pissed. Pissed at myself, Luke and Sasha.

"Did you talk to him?" Michael asks that morning in the hallway.

"I attempted to..." I trail off.

"What do you mean? What happened?" Michael asks his voice almost sounding worried.

I get my books out of my locker and close the door and start to walk with Michael.

"Well, I went up to his room to talk to him and walked in on him and Sasha practically making out." The words felt like poison.

  "Seriously?" The boy asks in disbelief. "He's such an idiot sometimes."

"Yeah, I know," I sigh shaking my head. "It kinda sucks, but I'll be alright."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be," I tell him. "It's fine."

Just then I can't help but see Nick across the hall when an idea sparks. "Hey Michael, I gotta go But I'll see you later."

"Yeah, see yah," he says as we part our separate way.

"Hey Nick," I say walking up to boy I've been kinda separating myself from lately.

"Hey El, what up?" Man, I wish he didn't call me that.

"Nothing, just realized we haven't talk in a lot here lately," I shrug.

"Yeah true," he replied. "What a shame."

"Agreed," I nod.

So we start walking and talking. Catching up. I learn he got a new dog and other small things. As we walk to our first class Luke ends up passing us, making quick  eye contact with me and locking eye contact with Nick. He looks tired but he immediately tensed up when he saw me and Nick.

A part of me felt a sense of pride when I saw that. I want him to feel the crushing jealousy I've been dealing with here lately. I know that sounded like a selfish bitch and what I was doing was stupid but here I was, doing it anyway.

In a way I really was using Nick but it is kinda nice talking to him again. Besides, he's done enough to me, this is nothing compared to that. It's not like I'm leading him on, I'm just being friendly.

We sit in class and continue talking before it starts. "Hey, wanna go to the café after school today? I can give you a ride," Nick offers.

"Yeah, that sounds good. I'll meet you in the parking lot after the bell?" I ask.

"Yeah, sounds great!"

Perfect, so now is wouldn't even have to ride home with Luke.

***

Me and Nick still stuck together most of the day and I honestly didn't even notice Luke that much. If I didn't know any better I'd say he was avoiding me.

I went ahead and shot Luke a text saying I wasn't riding with him, I was going somewhere with Nick. I knew it would mess with his head.

After the final bell Nick ended up catching up with me as I walking and he walked me to his car. I thought I saw a car that looked oddly like Luke's in the distance of the rear view mirror but it went out of sight and I shrugged it off.

The café was quiet and cozy. I didn't like it as much as Charlie's, of course, but it was a quite nice place. We both ordered our drinks and took a seat with the drink in hands.

"So what made you want to reconnect?" Nicks asks taking his first sip of his hot beverage.

"I don't know. Life has been kinda up and down lately so I decided it would be nice to talk someone I haven't in a while. And I kinda missed you," I shrug.