Chapter Three

What was I going to do with my life now? Am I to just wonder the lands of Guild Stronghold? Maybe I can just check it out before I determine my next step. Maybe I can have some sort of fun before I lose the little bit of hope I have finally gained.

I made my way down the long rocky path that soon opened up to a large flat plain. Dozens upon dozen of brown and grey, german shephard sized, lizards were scattered about the plain. I looked above their bodies and noticed what the Game Indicator showed:

Rocky Lizard

Lvl: 1

Health: 15 / 15

Most were level one but there were some that reached level four. Those were noticeably bigger than the rest. I wonder if I will be able to handle one of the smaller ones.

Equipping my Iron Sword I set out for the closest one of the lizards. I maneuvered myself around to his back and crept closer. I wonder how this game allows you to use a sword skill. Is it a set collection of swings? Is it something like that anime? Or is it random swings that any normal beginner would use.

I found out it is a set collection of swings that will help you to maximize the amount of damage made, but it drains stamina. Or you could swing randomly would deals less damage and takes less stamina.

The collection of swings seemed to already make themselves known to the user instantly. I knew exactly how I should swing and where. Lunging forward I brought the sword up above my left shoulder angling my body sideways with my right shoulder pointing towards the lizard. As I closed the distance in a very short amount of time I swing diagonally and cut the lizard across his back.

The blow staggered the lizard causing it to fall on it's side. Although the single blow did not kill it I noticed its health bar lower just below half.

I then quickly followed up with a straight thrust connecting it to the lizards chest area. The lizard's body began to crumble into dust and a notification appeared within the top middle of my vision.

14 EXP Gained

Level 1 Achieved.

Suddenly my vision became blurred and I woke up within a room that look to situation within a giant machine. There were many cogs and gears, cables and axle rods. Everything gave off a bright shine as well as an old rustic feeling. In the middle stood a rather tall butler in his smooth clean black suit and a clothe over his left arm.

"Welcome to Guild Stronghold." The butler said as his right hand fixed his thin rectangular glasses. "You are here due to the breakthrough of level one. All new participants go through this."

"What is going on?" I said as I glanced around at the shiny room.

"You are here to define your character as well as your preferred skill sets. Once completed, you will teleported back to your last known location to carry on with your game."

"Ok." I said as I took a few more steps forward.

"First, we will define you characteristics." As he said this a Notification window appeared within my gaze showing what I currently looked like.

I noticed the clothes were exactly the same as what I was wearing which did make sense. My hair and facial characteristics were the same as well.

I changed my hair length a little shorter than it was and now it was at least four centimeters above my shoulders. I also changed its colour to white as most players never did this. I made me feel a little unique in that sense.