Chapter Twenty Nine

With my second step I disappeared into a black flash and appeared in front of a shocked Loki not a second later.  

The black on my skin dancing around as if trying to gain a hold but failing to do so. I shot my right hand up and aimed a punch towards Loki's chest. However, it didn't connect. My punch stopped mere centimeters from him as if caught by a soft force. The air around my fist rippled as if the fabric of reality was straining to prevent the passage through.

But the force of the punch was unlike anything before and managed to continue on its path, despite the interference. Loki was shot backwards as he came to a sliding stop a few meters back. A small stream of blood appeared from the left of his mouth before coming to a abrupt halt.

The look of shock in his eyes meant nothing to me. I was merely giving my beast what it wanted. Blood. Loki's blood. As long as I could give him more, he would be sated. After all, what else is there to do.

Without giving Loki time to regain his composure and formulate a plan of attack, I shot forward once more. Aiming another punch to his chest. However, something very unexpected occurred. Instead of it merely connecting, the entire area around both of us shimmered within a distortion.

My surroundings blurred into black before colour began to quickly formulate its way back into the surroundings. It was at this time the beasts motives and worries became my own. To the me of now, I had no intention of worrying about my surroundings nor caring for how it came to be.

My entire focus was solely on Loki before me, completely disregarding the havoc we wrecked. The destruction that we caused. Because to me, all this meant nothing if Loki survived.

If I had been focusing, I would have found myself standing atop the Space Needle in Seattle. Loki flying backwards from the impact breaking the needle rising high into the sky. It broke off and bouncing once, it fell to the ground below. Loki on the other hand, was standing behind the severed needle base with a dark look in his eyes. Anger seemed to pour off of him with every breath.

He rushed towards me with a single step, seemingly flying through the air between us. His right hand shot forward grabbing a hold of my throat. Due to the immense speed, I was taken aback and failed to put up any defence. I was pushed back a meter or so before my body was pushed downwards. With the pressure that Loki expelled, both of us burst through the ceiling and into the restaurant below. Effectively breaking off a piece of the restaurant, causing it to fall towards the streets below.

But then the air around us shimmered once more. This time the intensity of it was almost twice than previous. The restaurant around us seemed to blur together to create a blob of colours. Before it suddenly blurred into darkness. It was the same as the previous time. Darkness and then the soft light of our new destination.

When we came out it was close to a hundred meters into the air, with Loki still forcing me down with immense strength. I tried to break his hold, but his strength combined with the force of gravity against us was too much.

I managed to glance where we were hoping I could find something that could aid me in escaping, but I found nothing. Instead I found myself above a large pyramid with forest growth surrounding it.  All around the pyramid was a dense forest that seemed unending.

We crashed into the large pyramid causing it to cave it. The impact sent shivers down my spine as the pain erupted forth like an overflowing dam wall shattering under the pressure.

It was a few seconds of pain before the Loki let me go. He stood breathing heavily as his dark eyes stayed on my lying form. The pyramid around us completely broken and laid in ruins. But even at this moment my anger could grow to new heights.