Chapter Sixteen

I awoke in lying in snow as the headache I currently felt swirled through my head. I rubbed my forehead as I slowly began to sit up. Where the hell am I? The last thing I remember was the cave, then the tunnels, then the kiss, and then... Bailey!

I shot up quickly, completely ignoring my headache as I looked around. Panic filled my gaze before it turned to confusion. Why is there all this snow? Where the hell am I? These questions kept coming back to my mind.

"Don't worry. She safe." Came a calm smooth masculine voice from in front of me. I looked forward and found a knight with a long flowing white cape, and a set of pure golden armour. He looked to be of high standing and with his long white hair, it would seemed odd for him to not be.

"Who are you?" I asked him as I slowly stood up, never letting my gaze leave his.

"You asked to speak with me. Here I am." The man said and instantly I knew his name. Vernon Perrier-Holland. CEO of Travent Corp. He is finally here.

"Finally." I said as I walked closer to him. And at the same time finding where he brought me. We were standing on a large mountain overlooking the world before us. I could see the cities as they appeared to be minuscule from this position.

"You have a few questions." He asked still no smile nor any emotion came through his voice.

"Yes I do. First off. Why are you doing this to me?" I asked him without looking in his direction and keeping my gaze on the magnificent view before me.

"You tested higher than anyone we have before. Your connection to the system surpassed our expectations, and more to the fact, your parents were the first to actually sign over rights to your unconscious body." He replied honestly as if it meant nothing.

"Then why do this in the first place. I know what you are trying to accomplish. But I don't know for what reason you need it to happen now." I told him as the knowledge flowed through my mind.

"How do you now all this? We have never made it known to anyone." Vernon said with a concerned expression crossing his face.

"Haha." I laughed softly as I regarded him. How could he predict that the old gods still remained on this planet. That they chose to live out the remainder of their lives here instead of their respective worlds. "Odin granted my his eye of knowledge."

"Odin? As in thee Odin?" Vernon said as confusion filled his voice.

"Yeah, him." I told him as I turned to look at him. "You are aware how all this is most likely to play out?" I said and saw the recognition cross his face. "Ah, you do."

"So what?" He said indifferently. "Just stop it here before anything happens on Earth. That is all that is needed."

"You do understand what you're asking, don't you?" I asked him and saw that he was not liking this conversation. "The Ruler of this planet does not take lightly to you using it as an experiment ground. He is angered and he will retaliate."

"Then stop him." Vernon said as if it was obvious. Did he not know what we were up against? Did he not know that the Ruler of this planet was strong enough to remove the gods from relevance? He was the one who caused the gods to lose power, he was the one who killed most of them. And now he wants me to simply stop him?

"You don't know what you're talking about." I told him as if scolding a child. "I am not strong enough yet to even be worthy of his attention. Plans change. You need to be ready on your side when the Demon Lord decides to take charge. He will find you and he will most likely succeed in his revenge."

"You need to stop him. We gave you the ability of the old heroes. he abilities that no one has ever seen in thousands of years. You need to stop him before more perish at his hands. You cannot allow him to come to Earth." Vernon said as if ordering me to do as he asked.