Chapter Eleven

I watched as the Wyvern kept his eyes on me. Watching my every movement. Its clawed wing smacking into the ground as it slowly began to advance towards me.

As I glanced around for any aid against this beast, it leaned back with its mouth closed. As its head lunged forward the powerful jaws opened quickly and shot forth a breath of a mixture between frost and lightning.

I just managed to roll sideways to avoid the blast and watched it crack the walls of the cavern upon impact. I knew if I was hit with that blast I might not be able to survive this fight.

I quickly shot forth a Chaos Blast noticing that my mana was now very low. Maybe two or three more spells and it would be completely empty. The blast shot towards the Wyvern who just stood its ground, taking the impact of the blast.

As the explosion died away the Wyvern flapped its right wing sideways, dispersing of the cloud of smoke. The attack had no affect whatsoever on the beast. What the hell am I going to do if energy attacks don't work.

The Wyvern lunged towards me with frightening speed as I managed to dive under its swinging wing. I gracefully changed the roll into a sudden stop on my right knee as I swung the sword diagonally upwards striking the Wyvern against its side. Again the attack had no affect. It merely scratched the scales.

The wing swung back and hit me in the chest, knocking the wind out of me. I rolled backwards for a dozen meters before I can sliding to a stop. I quickly made it to a standing position as I shot a Chaos Wave towards the Wyvern. The wave hit it dead on but once more the attack did nothing.

What the hell am I going to do?

I thought back to Red, and began to wonder what she is going to do now. What will Ninja do? I began to wonder about how she and KnightDemon would take my death. Would they even care? Would they cry at my end?

I tried a few more strikes and stabs against the Wyvern, with all ending in failure. In that process, the Wyvern had managed to cut my health by half. I was fighting a losing battle.

With a whip of its tail, I was sent into the cavern walls cracking it beneath the impact. My health dropped considerably and it began to glow red. Is this my end? Is this how I am going to die?

Why can't I defeat this monster?

Suddenly the Wyvern was tackled by the side and whatever tackled rolled along side it for a fifteen odd meters before it shot the Wyvern into the wall. The Wyvern looked a little stunned as we both fell to the ground.

I looked up at my saviour and saw a tiger standing at my height with bright blue lightning stripes cascading along its body. They rippled as if made out of real lightning. The tiger roared and the cavern walls shook. The echo itself was even more deafening than the roar itself.

I glanced above its head and noticed the name. To say the least, I was stunned. How the hell is this possible.

Ninja (Myther The Lightning God)

Lvl: 29 (Awakened: 64)

Skills: Lightning, Speed, Roar

How the hell can Ninja do this? Did the shop owner know of this? Did he plan this?

Ninja jumped onto the Wyvern, biting down on its neck as the lightning from its stripes began to lash out at the reptile.

The Wyvern shook of Ninja as it began to ooze dark blue blood from the puncture wounds. Whatever Ninja has done and become, is working against the Wyvern. With a whip of its tail it managed to trip Ninja as he fell to the ground with a loud thud.