Chapter Twenty Six

"The church sends their regards, Beast." The old man said with a deep voice that held the threat of imminent danger.  

"The church?" I said with a half smile. "Why do you think that you have any right to be here?" I asked him as I dropped the smile and glared into his eyes.

"We have come to exterminate the demon that you are." The red armoured man said as he tightened the grip on his spear and with his left and gripped the top of the handle of his golden sword.

"Demon?" I said as the smile returned to my lips. "Now that is new term."

"Regardless." The man in red said as he lifted the spear slightly and let it swung down slowly until it was horizontal with the ground. "This is the end of your existence."

"If you say so." I told him as I poured my magic into the sword.

Instead of changing its form I pour magic into the sword continuously waiting for it to build up in order to let loose a Chaos Slash. Knowing that my affinity for Chaos magic has risen, I was anxious to see the devastation brought forth from the attack.

With a twist of his right hand, the soldiers behind him let loose attacks based on light. Although none of them were as strong as Frederick's, the quantity made sure that the power combined would be far greater.

I let loose the Chaos Slash as it cut through the ground beneath it as it closed the distance between itself and the enemy very quickly.

The barrage of light attacks smashed into the Chaos Slash causing an eruption to burst forth. The power of which caused a large shock wave to blow outwards, cracking the ground and throwing the loose pieces into the air.

I shot forward through the shock wave, but the other soldiers weren't as lucky. The shock wave failed to affect the man in the red armour, but caused the rest to falter where they stood.

I burst through the explosion with fire and steam falling off my body as I emerged from the center. The man in red seemed ready for me as he dropped his spear and grabbed his sword in his right hand. He poured his energy and magical power into his sword as it began to light up a bright white, while I poured my Chaos magic into my own sword making it glow a dark black with a purplish tint to it.

Bringing my sword in a diagonal slash aiming at his right shoulder, I unleashed every but of power held within my sword. Clashing against the red armoured man's sword.

The power from both our swords competing for dominance as I managed to push back the man in the red armour. His feet sliding across the floor before I unleashed a Chaos Blast into his chest. He shot backwards into his soldiers that were still regaining their composure, knocking down dozens of them. All the while with smiles on both our faces.

I lifting my left arm in front of me and formed five separate Chaos Blasts in a horizontal line and immediately shot them forward towards the soldiers. While most failed to erect barriers in time, there were a few who were adept enough to do so.

Close to a dozen or so soldiers shot forward through the smoke of the explosions, rushing towards me with tremendous speed. All with spears discarded and swords unsheathed. It made me think of the reason that they must have thought of to think it was a good idea to bring the spears. Because so far, all have just abandoned them.

He could feel the killing intent from all those that rushed him. It would seem that no matter the cause or the intent, if someone had an unknown beast like mine, the church would always try to cast their influence wider but exterminating them. To be honest, it always amazed me how the churches in any game always strayed from the righteous cause. Instead of being there for their congregation.

It truly amazed me how for some of the churches, a greed filled man would reign and cast his own influence over everyone else. Causing mass grief if it meant his reputation grew further.

As the dozen or so soldiers rushed him, I decided to try a new spell that might prove useful in the future. However, it wasn't exactly a new spell but rather a different use of an existing one.

I raised my left hand towards the heavens, and pushed my power into it as I silently let out a single word.

"Distortion." I softly said as the ball of familiar energy formed above my left hand. I pushed it into the ground around my feet and let the familiar half sphere surround me. Of course, it didn't affect me, but I hoped that it would reflect the attacks from the various soldiers.

As the Distortion Sphere erupted around me, the numerous soldier appeared before it, all thrusting forward with their swords. Upon impact, a shockwave was sent out that knocked them back into their peers. About seven of their swords had begun to rust over before disintegrating into nothingness leaving only their handles.

I rushed forward using as much speed as I could muster and crashed into the remaining front line, cutting my way through. None were able to stand before me. I switched Mystos Wraths form to Thor's hammer in order for more damage o be inflicted.

Unleashing a vast amount of electrical energy from within the hammer, I failed to notice that Scale had joined in on the fight. Spewing hot molten fire that began to burn away at the soldiers armour like a hot knife through butter.

Flying overhead, dodging the various fire blasts mixed with a few water balls, Scale managed to inflict the intended amount of damage. At the same time I was swinging the hammer all around me, using the electricity add-on with every second strike. A few times I would throw the hammer in front of me and a few times to the sides. Due to the hammer's unique property, it returned when I called for it.

Within a minute or two, most of the silver and gold knights were dealt with as they lay littered across the canyon floor. Some missing arms, legs, with some cut in two, while others had their armour bashed in. The unfortunate victims from Scale's attacks were burnt beyond recognition as the smell of burnt flesh filled the area, unnerving me.

The last few survivors consisted of the red armoured knight along with four silver knights, and two gold. From the incredible force they had arrived with, there were not that many left. A true blow to their hearts and pride, and no doubt a blow to the church as a whole. When they find out that their convoy has been disposed of, they may not take it in stride. Unpredictable moves could be foreseen within my head. This situation left no doubt within me that they would retaliate in a way unfitting for them.

I stood proudly with the blood of the fallen soldiers coating my bare chest. My once golden hair now shining darkly with the same blood. Not a single drop my own. I could only imagine my visage as one of a terrifying sight.

The silver and gold knights showed their fear within their shaky movements, but the red armoured knight seemed to have a smile no his old wrinkled face. To him, he probably hasn't met a foe as strong as I, and now he was hoping for a fight. A fight where he could unleash his all.

Our eyes locked as the old red armoured knight took a step forward indicating his will for a one-on-one fight. A fight I would be more than willing to give him.

He moved away from his the other soldiers and with a wave of his right hand, still clasping his sword, indicated to his fellow comrades to stay out of the fight. Our stances became horizontal to that of the soldiers as smiles adorned both our lips.

The old man got into his stance with his right leg placed firmly behind his left as if he was about to shoot forward. His right hand holding the sword over his left bent elbow as the blade was mere inches from the right side of his face. The look in his eyes showed his fulfilment towards the fight before him.

All I could think of was that this would be a decent enough test before I needed to finish what I was brought here to do.

To fight the one evil that many took for granted. The one evil that has plagued the dimensions for millennia.