Chapter Twenty

"Kai, please." Bailey said softly as her hand continued to stroke my back. She was worried. I think this is the first time she has ever seen this side of me. I turned to her and noticed the look of concern covering her face and immediately I let my anger go. Just looking at her was enough to calm me.

"Okay." I told her and let her take my right hand and drag me from the hall. With both my parents, Gareth, and Amy following behind.

"I thought I would never see you again." Bailey said softly as she pulled me into another hug once we were outside the hall. "I can't log back into the game." She added as she tightened her grip on me. Her graduation cap long since discarded to the floor.

"You didn't miss much." I told her taking in her smell. It didn't match what the game gave off. This one was far better.

"How dare you disrespect us like this!" My father shouted successfully breaking the moment between Bailey and I. I tensed at his tone. I did not want him around Bailey if he was going to be like this.

I broke the hug with Bailey as I turned to see my father almost giving off steam from his ears. I slowly closed the distance between us as I let off some killing intent. This trick came in handy when dealing with people who show false courage. I watched him flinch as his gaze met mine, but to give him credit, he held his ground.

"This is neither the time nor the place to presume I owe you any respect." I told him softly, noticing that my height now slightly towered over his by a few inches. "I have come for Bailey. Not whatever you sold between you and me." I ended as I turned away from him and towards Bailey.

I took Bailey's left hand in my right as I walked beside her out of the school. We made our way towards a matte black Bentley awaiting us at the school gates. The driver seemed to have waited for me. I will need to ask Vernon later as to why so much respect is coming my way from his employees.

Halfway to the car a rough hand landed on my shoulder, stopping me in my tracks.

"Don't you dare think I will let you get away with what you have done!" My father shouted as my mother and Gareth gave off stern looks. Gareth looked a little pleased as well on top of it. As if he could do anything for himself. "You have ruined your brother's future! Take responsibility!" He shouted as I let my anger flow outwards.

"And you sold me!" I shouted back towards him.

I shrugged his hand off my shoulder and closed the small distance between us. But I didn't stop there. I continued my march, causing him to fall back a few meters.

"You think you have any right to say anything to me after what you have done?" I told him as my anger boiled beneath my skin. "You think anything you have to say means anything to me?" I felt power within me ignite. "You are mistaken. You lost a son when you sold him." I finished as I stared into his eyes.

"Kai, we have a problem!" Vernon's voice came from behind me. He was standing slightly behind Bailey as if she was his superior. Odd. But why is he here? And why is he telling me?

"What do you want Vernon?" I said as I cast my gaze backwards. I could see the recognition light up in Bailey's eyes as she heard his name.

"Vernon?" She asked slightly excited. "As in Travent Corps Vernon? CEO Vernon?" She asked in quick succession as she turned to him with an excited look.

"Yes, ma'am." He replied with a smile as he softly gave Bailey a bow of his head.

"Ma'am?" Bailey asked both confused and elated. No one had ever referred to the in that manner, yet now a CEO of a company is. She had no idea how to react to this situation.