Chapter Ten

"What do you mean 'Winner'?" I asked loudly, projecting the question towards the announcer. "I have only had two fights."

"The judges have deemed you worthy of the title. Due to your strength and the fact you beat the strongest contestant. You have been deemed the Winner." The announcer boomed over the audience.

"That's bull!" I shouted. If this was my last chance at a life, I wanted it to be as fair as possible. I have already received a gift from the creator, but that is the last one. I do not want anymore handouts. "Why can't we just continue the tournament to let the other contestants have their fair shot?" I shouted once more.

"That there is another problem within itself." The announcer said as his voice dropped slightly. "The other contestants have withdrawn from the competition. You are by default, due to your overwhelming strength, the Winner of the tournament."

This can't be happening. Why would they just quit? This is a game to them. They don't have to worry about losing their lives if they die. I do. Yet they are the ones to quit. My anger began to build within me.

"Fine!" I shouted once more. "Just give me my prize and let me be on my way." As I stated that a pitch black sword with a long curved blade and a round black hilt. The handle was a crisscross of woven fabric with golden diamond patterns beneath the wrappings.

I examined the sword and the title displayed above the sword.

Mystos Wrath

Class: Mythological

Enchantments: +10 Damage, +2 To All Skills, +20 To Agility

I grabbed the sword and instantly placed it within my storage. I would have to test out the sword another time. But first I have some bandits to kill. As I turned to leave, the announcer once again boomed over the audience.

"Dark Stroke! Wait!" He shouted. "What was the weapon class? We have not seen anything like that!"

Without a word I left the arena and walked straight past KnightDemon. Ninja took it upon himself to jump onto my shoulder and hung there content.

I fast traveled to the closest town I could to the bandits hideout and unfortunately it was a ways away. I began to walk with my crimson sword equipped ready for anything to happen. Unfortunately the monsters that appeared were not enough to curb my anger. I mean what could several dozen spiders, a bear, a dozen wolves, and a few lesser basilisks do to aid my anger.

I needed something strong. Something to force myself to exceed my limits and make me work for the kill.

I made it to the bandit's hideout about two hours after the beginning of my journey. I came upon the mountain that would soon be my home. I could already see why this place was in sights of the bandits. It was basically a fortress.

I made my way through the towering cliff faces that lined the entry to the mine wondering if there was an ambush in wait. To be honest, I was hoping not. I wanted them all in one place to vent my anger.

I came upon two solitary bandits who seemed to be guarding the walkway. Neither have noticed my presence yet so I decided to use that to my advantage. Will my enhanced agility as well as empowering my legs with my chaos magic, I lunged forward towards them. The first bandit didn't even notice my presence before he shimmered blue and disappeared. As the second bandit noticed my presence, I spun around and slashed my sword across his torso, cutting him in two.

Once they were dealt with, I moved passed the wooden spikes that were scattered about the walkway, in an attempt to stop intruders. After a few minutes, I came upon a clearing which led to the entry to the mine. The clearing was large. At least fifty odd meters across and forty odd meters wide.