Chapter Four

I watched as the Lizards began to slowly make their way over to me as if sizing me up. They moved haphazardly, with loud stomping footsteps.

The closest one to me lunged forward, opening its mouth, aiming for my throat. I somersaulted backwards bringing my right foot up kicking it just below its jawline. The attack staggered the lizard as it fell to the ground. Although it wasn't as much as the other lizard, it was enough. I thrust once more towards this lizards heart and it connected with a soft crunch.

The lizard crumbled into ash as a Notification popped up stating I received 14 EXP and something called Lizard Claw. I would have to find out what that means at a later stage. Right now I need to try not dying.

Thinking of the magic I just upgraded, I decided to use Chaos Wave as a test. I felt sorry for the lizards that they had to become my test subjects, but someone had to do it. I raised my left hand and directed my palm towards the group of lizards in front of me.

"Chaos Wave!" I shouted as a dark purple with a red outline ball of energy began to form in front of my palm. It quickly grew to the size of a melon before it burst outwards towards the intended direction. The energy ball spread outwards if it was an actual wave dealing damage to all it touched.

The ground below it became scorched and cracked seven of the numerous lizards crumbled to dust well the remaining all had red health bars above their bodies.

A Notification popped up stating I had received 112 EXP, 2 Lizard Claws, and 4 Lizard Skins. Once that Notification disappeared, another took its place stating I was now level 2 and that I have received 3 new Skill Points to use.

This spell is far to powerful for a beginner. How did the creator of the game decide I was worthy of this? I stared at my hand which was now giving off a bit of steam before a hissing noise grabbed my attention.

I looked up quickly and saw the level four lizard making his way over to me with the rest of them flanking his sides. Panicking I brought up my left hand again and shouted, "Chaos Blast!"

A ball of purple energy with black swirling through it, formed in front of my palm and grew to the size of a baseball. Within two seconds the ball of energy shot towards the lizards. The level four lizard spun quickly and tried to swat the energy ball away with a flick of its tail but the ball exploded on impact.

The explosion was far larger than I thought it should be as it instantly decimated the lower level lizards and left the level four lizard struggling to stand. Blue blood oozed from its eyes and mouth.

Shocked, I stood there quietly. A Notification popped up stating I had received 311 EXP, 4 Lizard Claws, and 7 Lizard Skins. Another Notification stated I have reached level three and received another three Skill Points.

The lizard was struggling to stay on its feet and after a few seconds it fell to the floor crumbling into ash. I received 56 EXP for that lizard, 1 Tempered Lizard Skin, and a gold ring with a +2 Def enchantment.

Standing there shocked my mind began to wonder at how large my new life could become. If the lower level of this magic is this powerful, I cant wait for the higher tiers.

With me new 6 Skill Points I decided to give 4 of them to Slash, which now inflicted 31 damage and gave off a 3% chance for a critical hit. With the remaining two, I gave to strength which allowed me to inflict more damage with physical attacks as well as increased how much I could carry.

I glanced around the plains and saw no more monsters have spawned so I decided to continue exploring further south. Down a narrow path right on the edge of a gorge, I found a massive cave that must have been over three meters in height. The cave gave off an aura of danger, but the idiot I am, decided to explore it anyway.