Chapter Twelve

After I finally managed to revert my sword back into its original form, I made my way over to Ninja, who have reverted himself back to his small cat form. His health was regenerating but it was slow. Far too slow.

I grabbed Ninja and held him in my arms. I fast travelled back into the beginner town and made my way over the potions shop. I bought enough health and mana potions for both a decent stock as well as to get Ninja and myself to a decent state.

Once we were both healthy, I made my way over to the construction guild, with Ninja hanging off my shoulder.

KnightDemon: Dde, th lite was bck earlier. Did u c it?

Dark Stroke: What?

KnightDemon: Tht blck clmn of lite wit red outlining it. It appeared agn within th mntains. Ppl r gng crazy trying 2 figre out wat hppnd.

Dark Stroke: Not my problem.

I walked into the guild and made a straight line for the same guy I talked to last time.

"The bandits are gone." I told him and noticed the surprised expression plaster across his face. Wait a minute. How are the expressions so life like? The destruction engine is in itself noteworthy, but with everything else that is going on, it doesn't make sense.

"All of them?" He asked with a tone that pervade his concern.

"Yes, all of them. When can you begin construction?" I asked his as I crossed my arms in front on my chest. Earning a hiss from Ninja.

"Right now!" The man said with obvious enthusiasm as he grabbed his bunch of papers and ran out the door followed by a few other of his workers. They seemed so happy to be doing this project. Odd.

Okay, now is the time I go to that old man and find out what is going on.

As I was beginning to set a destination for the fast travel a message from RedGlory came through.

RedGlory: You still there?

Dark Stroke: Yeah.

RedGlory: Where?

Dark Stroke: At the construction guild, why?

RedGlory: Hold on. I will be right there.

Dark Stroke: Okay.

I know it seems like I am giving up quick quickly but I have found it to be easier that trying to get rid of her. And so I waited.

It only took her five minutes to find her way to me. As she reached me, Ninja jumped off my shoulder and landed in her open arms.

"Hi, my little Ninja." She cooed towards the purring kitty. "I've missed you."

"Come on. I need to go see someone, and I am assuming you're going to keep following me?" I asked her as I turned to look down towards the city. It has become quite lively though. A lot more players have joined the game. Seems to be doing pretty well.

I formed a party with her once more, in order for her to fast travel with me. We landed in front of the old man's house and I noticed he was still on the porch whittling away at some wood. I turned to Red.

"Stay here. I need to talk to this man alone." I told her as she nodded her head and knelt down in front of Ninja playing with him slightly. She seems to take this game as reality. Is she confusing the two? I need to ask KnightDemon to have his contact look into this.

I walked up to the old man and equipped my sword. He arched his eyebrow as curiosity crossed his eyes.

I transformed the sword into Thor's hammer and I saw the recognition cross his face. He knows about this hammer.

"So you have found it." He said obviously intrigued. "That is good news. I was wondering if it would be lay rotting in some ditch or not."

Suddenly a notification window popped up in front of me stating that I have completed a quest:

The Path of Mjölnir 

Status: Complete

I looked at the notification and then to the old man. The quest stated that I needed to return it to its rightful owner yet he has not received it yet. How have I completed this quest? This game is becoming more and more confusing every damn day I continue to live within it. 

"Hold on." I began as I looked at him confused. "I have not returned it to you yet. How did I complete the quest?"

"My dear boy." The old man laughed as he stood up shakily. "You already have. You were found worthy to possess it. And now you do. The hammer is now yours."

"It would've been nice if the quest mentioned that earlier." I said a little peeved that the quest mislead me slightly. However, I was far more pleased with the fact that I have an old gods weapon. I wonder how many of the players can say that.

"However, there is a continuation of the reward." The old man said as we looked out upon Red playing with Ninja with a smile no her face. Again, she seems more focused on playing the game as a hobby instead of trying to complete it or grow stronger.

"And what would that be?" I asked him as I shifted my weight sideways to look him in the face.

"I am an old man, and therefore I think I can entrust a very special object, of mine, to you." He said with a pained expression. "I have lived a long time and have watched my loved ones die without me. I wish to meet them. Finally." He ended with a smile as he looked up at the heavens.

"So you wish for me to kill you?" I asked him in disbelief. "I will tell you now, that I cannot do that."

"No, my dear boy." He chuckled softly. "It is my time already. Equip your sword." I did as he told me, equipping the Mystos Wrath.

"I wonder how high you will climb in this world. What I know, is that great things await your future." He told me as he turned to me fully with a smile.

"How can you know that?" I asked him with another confused expression.

"I once made a sacrifice for knowledge, and now that knowledge has still not failed me." He replied with a soft laugh. "I hope it will bring you as much luck as it did me."

What the hell is he talking about? What sacrifice? I stared blankly at him trying to understand just what exactly is happening.

"My time has come. Journey well, Kai. May your hopes come true." He said before his body began to shimmer in a purple haze. Wait a minute. How the hell did he know my real name? That information is supposed to be secure within the server's database.

His body dissipated into small purple blocks as those to disappeared. In his place there remained a similar Soul Stone like the one from the Wyvern. Instead of blue, it was shining a bright golden colour.

I examined the golden diamond shaped Soul Stone and read the items name. Again the name stopped me dead.

Odin's Eye

Class: Cannot Be Determined

Suddenly the sword absorbed the stone at the same rate as it did Thor's. The sword began to shimmer gold before it transformed itself into a large golden spear with a lacework of intricate designs all around the staff. The blade glinted with the sunlight.

I examined the spear wondering of the name that may befit a weapon such as this.

Mystos Wrath

Form: Gungnir

Class: Mythological (Upgraded)

Then it finally hit me. The old man was Odin. The all seeing father.

My head felt as if was about to be split open with the amount of knowledge that was being poured in.

Once I regained my composure, I stood still, too stunned to do anything else. How is this possible? Something like this cannot be real. It cannot be possible.

I finally knew the truth about this world as well as my current situation. I knew it all.