Chapter Twenty Five

I awoke in an odd room. A room fit for a King. With a dark golden four post bed with the canopy draped with dark purple curtains that cut off the room form the bed. But they were draped aside, allowing me to see the enormous room that I was currently accommodating.

There was a large wooden desk that looked as if it belonged to someone of the King's court to the left of the room, with a door leading somewhere else to the right of the bed. In front of the bed was the large two set wooden doors that I assumed lead out of the room. There were three large ceiling to floor windows behind the desk with the middle one opening up to the balcony behind it.

I tried to sit up but found myself stopped by a pressure on my chest. I glanced down and found a familiar redhead laying with her head on my right shoulder and her right arm wrapped tightly around my chest.

Which I now saw was bare. How did she manage this? I glanced over at her torso that was pressed firmly into my side and found her wearing a lace light pink night gown that peaked my interest. For two reasons really.

One was that I really wanted to see what was underneath as all men do, and the second was that I was not aware that this world had night gowns and began to wonder how she came to acquire one.

But at this moment he was content with her in the same bed as him. Even though nothing happened between them, he was happy. Happy at the thought that she was willing to share a bed with him.

He felt her stir as her right arm tightened slightly making him smile at the movement. When her right arm suddenly left his chest he had a small lonely feeling within him. He watched as her right hand went up to her face and rubbed her eyes softly before she placed her hand back down onto the center of his chest.

She looked up with sleep filled eyes and it took a few moments for her to realise that I was staring back down at her. With a smile on my face.

Her torso raised off the bed quickly as reality dawned on her. Using my chest, she pushed herself up until she almost towered over me.

"Kai!" She exclaimed with a smile on her face and a sparkle in her eyes. "You're awake!" She added as she fell to my chest and hugged me close. "I was so worried." She ended as a soft sob left her lips.

"Bailey, what's wrong?" I asked as I brought my left arm up and stroked her right shoulder trying to calm her shaking frame.

"You were unconscious for a week." She said as she lifted her gaze until her face was right next to mine. Her eyes darted down to my lips as she licked hers.

I lifted my right arm causing her to fall slightly into me until our lips were mere millimetres away. I close the distance and softly touched my lips to hers. It wasn't a long nor was it a rough need for passion like kiss, but the small gesture held more passion and emotion than any before it. In a moment the kiss broke and I opened my eyes to see hers closed with a blissful look upon her face.

"I'm sorry." I told her as she slowly opened her eyes.

We spent the next hour or so in bed, just enjoying each others company before I decided that it was time to get moving.

I removed Bailey's arm from around my upper torso much to her displeasure, and got out of the bed with a smile on my face. Thinking back on everything I have been through and everything I have done, I truly am happy with what I managed to achieve. With what destiny has thrown my way.

If Bailey had never come into my life, I may have never been who I am today. But with that being said, the monster that lives within me scared me out of my reminiscence. How could something like that not be within the wealth of knowledge of Odin's eye? How could something this large have no bearing in history.