Chapter Thirteen

"Red." I almost shouted as I quickly walked off the patio and made my way towards her. "We need to leave."

I can't believe the situation I am in. Why did it have to be me that was chosen? Why couldn't they just let me be in my world instead of trapping me in this one?

"Why?" She asked as she picked up Ninja and met me halfway.

"I need to talk to KD." I told her as I tried to open my menu. Yet found that I couldn't. Nothing I did was working. "Dammit!"

"What? Why are you so angry?" Red asked as she made her way closer to me with a concerned expression plastered across her face.

"Nothing." I told her shifting my face away from her so she doesn't see the angry expression on my face. "Just fast travel us back into town please."

"Why can't you do it? You did it before." She asked slightly confused.

"Just do it, please." I asked her turning my gaze back to hers.

"Okay." She said as I noticed her left hand raised and interacting with the menu. After a few seconds we found ourselves standing by the town portal. And I have just realised that I have no idea of how to contact KnightDemon without the use of the player menu.

"Hey, Red." I got her attention as she stroked Ninja in her arms. "You don't have KnightDemon in your friend list, by any chance, do you?" I asked her hoping for the impossible.

"No." She said after a few seconds of thinking. My hopes fell as I rubbed the back of my neck. I need to find out how to reach this guy. "But I do have an acquaintance of his." A relieved look crossed my face quickly before disappearing.

"Please contact him, and let him know that I need to talk to KnightDemon as soon as possible." I told her as I began walking towards the man who sold us Ninja's egg. Red followed behind me as she messaged her contact.

It took a little while to make it to the store, and when we did I thrust open the door heading straight for the old man behind the counter.

"What the hell did you sell us?" I asked him as an angry expression crossed his face. Yet a smile crossed the old man's.

"And why the sudden outburst?" He said as I could feel the glare coming from Red. Of course she would not understand. She was not there when this little cat became a god. "Did something happen to the cat?" He said as he glanced around to Red, who held the cat in her arms.

"You could say that." I told him as I placed both hands on the counter. "Just how does a simple cat like that," I indicated to Ninja with a tilt of my head, "awaken into a lightning god? That is not normal."

"Ah." The old man seemed to liven up quickly as an excited expression crossed his face. "I thought that might happen." He chuckled. "But it only happens when the owner is in extreme danger."

"But she is the owner, not me." I said as I pointed to Red.

"But the cat sees both of you as its owner." The old man said with another chuckle. "The way she is always hanging around you as well as the fact she always lights up when she sees you, gave the cat the impression that you two are together." Again, the old man chuckled.

"Incredible." I said as I lowered my head. "Just incredible. By the way, I know about the egg you want me to retrieve."

"Oh, do you now?" The old man raised his right brow and a smirk crossed his lips.

"Yeah, and if I do this," I said with a dark look on my face. "I want first pick at the next shipment of eggs."

"That is a little difficult. I have a reputation to uphold." He said with a stern look, as he folded his arms across his chest.

"I don't care." I said as I straightened my posture and took my hands off the table. "I am not defeating a territory boss for nothing. I need an extra gain if I am going to do this."

"You strike a hard bargain." The old man said as he rubbed the back of his neck with his right hand. "How about this. If you do this, you can have the first pick. However, it will not be for free. I will just discount you on the price for it."

"Acceptable." I said with a nod of my head. "Deal." I stretched out my right hand and shook his.

"Dark?" Red piped up behind me, causing me to turn and face her. "My contact says that KnightDemon will be waiting by the portal for you."

"Then lets get going." I said as I began to make my way out of the shop with her behind me.

We made it to the portal after awhile of walking due to Red's annoying habit of rushing towards shop windows and window shopping. It was annoying but I waited nonetheless. When we made it to the portal, i spotted KnightDemon almost immediately.

"Hey, Dark Stroke." I heard his familiar voice shout over the crowd as he made his way towards us. "I hear you wanted to talk to me. But why didn't you just message me?" He added with a confused expression on his face.

"I am facing some difficulties in that regard." I told him sort of honestly. "Listen, I need a favour." I said and gauged his reaction to see if it would be possible.

"Okay, shoot." He said with an excited tone. I am starting to think that he might have an inclination that I would request for his aid in a hunt or quest. But that is never going to happen.

"I need to talk to the CEO of Travent Corp. Some things I have been told do not add up." I told him honestly. "I need you to talk to your contact and make this happen." I watched as his excited expression dropped suddenly replaced by one of surprise.

"I'm not sure I can do that. The CEO is not the type of person to just come to a meet 'n greet with anyone he does not trust." KnightDemon said as he placed his hands on his hips.

"Tell him that it is more important than this game, and if he refuses, tell him the following." I said as I closed the distance between us. I looked up into his eyes to pervay that this was important information. "I know about Axthray."

I turned and walked away with Red following close behind. I needed to find a map of sorts, due to my menu being out of service.

I made my way to the general store that sold an array of assortments knowing that they would have a map. I still found it odd that a physical map would be available for purchase but when I considered my situation and the knowledge gained from Odin, I knew why. I bought the map and made my way to the outer rim of the city, looking over the rocky area where I fought the Lizards previously.

I opened the map with Red looking at me curiously. I found the location of where the territory boss would be and marked it with a charcoal pencil I had within my storage. That was another mission to figure out but that is a story for another time.

"Hey Red." I said out loud as I kept my gaze on my map. I felt pressure land on my right shoulder and quickly took a look. I saw Ninja's clear blue eyes looking right at me.

"Yeah." Red said as she came around to my right.

"How close can you fast travel to this location?" I pointed to the black 'X' on the map and then looked up toward her.

"Not close, unfortunately. I haven't travelled as much as you have." She said in an almost defeated tone. "I can however travel us here." She pointed to a town at least four hours away from my intended location. "That is the best I could do."

"No worries." I told with a soft smile. I noticed the shocked look on her face which confused me slightly. "Why are you looking at me that way?"

"That is the first time I have seen you smile." She said as blush rose on her cheeks. It still amazes me that these little details made it into the game, and when I remembered the knowledge I gained, I realised how. I dropped the smile and closed the map placing it within the storage locator on my right leg. It was the way I stored things now since I had no access to the menu.

Red quickly fast travelled us to the small town and we began our journey. As we walked across the wooden fishing town, I noticed all the inn's small shops as well as the houses that gave accommodation to the local workers. As we exited the village and entered into the dark forest. I became amazed at the detail of the trees and wondered how long the developers took to create this.

Then I quickly remembered. This isn't a game.