Chapter Thirty Two

Once I had leeched all of Loki's power from her I opened up the portal to the other realm. It took a few seconds to understand how it worked, but once her power became mine, it was easy to understand.

The shimmer appeared yet it was not the same, instead of the normal shimmer like look of it, it held a gold glow. It would seem that some of my power was affecting it.

I stepped through the portal with Loki hanging over my left shoulder. Even if I hated her and blamed her for Bailey's death, I couldn't leave her body to the people of my world. Worst case scenario, she would be taken by some form of government and studied until her body was no more.

Once I stepped through I surveyed the damage that has been done to the canyon that led up to my home. The home I once thought would be mine and Bailey's. I looked to the center of the broken ground and found what I was looking for.

Dropping Loki onto the floor with a loud thud I slowly walked over to Bailey's lifeless form. Still untouched from when I last saw here. Tears began to roll from my eyes as they streamed down my cheeks. I bent down and with my right hand shifted some of her red hair from her face before caressing her right cheek.

What am I suppose to do now that she is gone. She became my everything. She was the reason why I could push myself to my limits. It was because I knew she was there to save me. I sat against the ground next to her not letting my gaze leave her. 

I wrapped my arms around my knees and clasped them tightly. For now I was merely thinking of the past I had shared with her, regardless of how short. However, I was not expecting what happened next.

A soft voice that seemed filled with concern and love sounded out behind me. I didn't even sense anyone approach and yet she took me by surprise. Yet, I still didn't turn my gaze from Bailey.

"Kai." The smooth voice said as she came to a stop next to me.

"What do you want Frigga?" I asked her, my voice betraying the pain I felt at this moment. The only reason I knew it was her, was because of Odin's knowledge. With her around, a sense of calm and serenity would spread outwards. As well as sense of familiarity that Odin's Eye expelled in her presence.

"I'm sorry this had to happen." She said as her voice lost some of its confidence, yet held its love and sincerity. "But this like this happen. It is what fate has planned for us."

"I really don't care about fate at this point." I told her as my hands tightened around each other. The bright golden flames of my robe flickering with a darkness that wanted to creep its way through.

"Whether you care for it or not, it still exists. None can escape its grasp." She responded which brought about a few minutes of silence between.

"Why are you here?" I asked her after the silence and her not moving got to me. "Why show yourself now?"

"I didn't need to before." She replied honestly as she knelt down before quickly switching to a seated position beside me. With her proximity to me, the darkness that leaked into my flames was kept at bay. "I come when I am needed." She added.

"What makes you think you are needed now?" I asked her harshly not bothering to make it clear at my annoyance to her presence.

"I assume you know who Bailey really is?" She asked softly.

"Yes." I answered honestly. Once I saw Loki's memories, I immediately noticed Bailey within them. How she was involved within Loki's and Thor's life. How she hid herself within my realm when she was promised to marry someone who didn't capture her heart.

All I thought about was why didn't she tell me? Did she think I would abandon her? Leave her for someone else?

"I need you to confirm it out loud. Say her name." Frigga said as I turned to, the first time I have taken my eyes off of Bailey's body. Frigga was an older woman with her wrinkles showing, yet her elegance rivalled most young beautiful women. He dark brown hair braided and hung down her back with two smaller braid from the front sides of her head wrapping around and tied behind.

"Freyja." I once again told her honestly.

"She has been hiding for quite a while now." Frigga continued as her voice still held the same love and concern without letting any fall away. It was amazing to be honest. How could someone who had known Freyja as long as she did, not show any sadness. "She had lost most of her power due to disconnection from her homeland. Meeting you was not within her plans but once she did, it seemed that she couldn't stay away."

"And now I failed her." I added on as I lowered my head. My tears still streaming down my cheeks.

"Maybe." Frigga said with a hint of uncertainty.

"And what the hell is that suppose to mean?" I asked her with some of my anger seeping into my voice. Her answer, to me, was confirming that I did.

"She is lost from this realm, yes. I cannot deny that." Frigga said as she turned to face me. A look of joy mixed with concern filled it. "However, as I have mentioned, fate is the controller of us all."

"And I mentioned before, I don't care for fate." I interrupted her with my statement.

"But you should. Because fate does not seem to have a hold on you." Frigga replied with a soft smile. "You seem to be out of its scope. That's why so many things that can't be explained have happened to you." She added as a larger smile grew on her face.

"Does that even matter anymore?" I asked her as I shifted my gaze to hers.

"It should. Because I think you can do something that none before you have accomplished successfully before." Frigga said with a curious tone seeping into her voice.

"What are you talking about?" I asked her confused about what she was saying. Why would she tell me this when Bailey lay there dead. Why today of all days?

"Where do you think Bailey is?" She asked placing some emphasis on Bailey's human name as it was fairly new to her.

"She's dead. Can't you see that?" I asked and noticed how shocked she was that I didn't figure it out.

"You humans have grasped the concepts of our nature. Our beliefs. And yet you can't figure out where she would be." She said as she slowly stood up, clearly agitated at my ignorance.

"You're referring to Valhalla?" I asked wondering if I was correct in assuming so.

"Of course!" She almost shouted. Maybe I rub off on her in the wrong way? Does she not like me or something.

"But isn't that only for humans? How can a Goddess go to Valhalla?" I asked not thinking about what I was asking.

"Did I not just say she lost her powers? She was in all aspects human." Frigga said as she turned towards me. Still agitated that it took this long to understand what she was trying to tell me.

I stood up slowly as the tears from my eyes stopped. The flames around my robes firing brightly with a golden glow. I knew what I needed to do and I knew that I must do this no matter what.

"But I must tell you of the issues you will face." Frigga said that caught my attention. "You must return her soul to her body so you are very limited within the time frame for this. I would give it at maximum a week. And that is generous. The other thing is that since Odin is no longer living, the biggest obstacle you face is now free to its own command."

"Which is?" I asked as I noticed her go quiet.

"The Valkyries." She said and my hopes fell.

Yet all I knew is that I have a week to get this done. I have week to save the woman I love. And I will accomplish this.

I will save her.

** END **