Chapter Eighteen

Where am I? Kai thought to himself. The room looked to be a properly kitted hospital room, yet there was some equipment that did not belong. Some he found was for the helmet harness on his head that was familiar to him. He has known of this contraption before. But where? Where has he seen it before.

He unclipped the harness from the strap underneath his chin and slowly moved the harness off his head. The headache he felt, seem surreal to him. It felt as if he was alive again. As if he was in his own world. He sat up slowly on his soft double bed, which was the oddest thing in his room.

Why would there be an actual bed if it is a hospital room? Kai thought to himself. He needed to make sense of his surroundings.

He searched within himself and felt the familiar feel of something within him. He tried to stand up but his legs were weak. As he put pressure on them, it felt as if thousands of knifes stabbed through his legs at the same time. He grunted as he leaned back on the bed. He refused to screamed. He needed to remain strong.

As if by some miraculous feeling, his legs began to heal themselves, his skinny legs began to strengthened and regain their shape.He found that after a short while he was able to stand unaided.

The one thing in the back of his mind was not this strange hospital room, but rather where the doctors and nurses were. They should be rushing into the room by now. they should be wondering how he is awake or something along those lines.

He tested out his arms and back before moving onto his basic muscles. He ensured everything was in working order before he left the hospital room. That's where the first hiccup came in.

As he exited the door, a young nurse with shoulder length straight black hair, dark brown eyes, and full red lips stared at him shocked. She wore a soft pink uniform while holding a steel clipboard with her left arm. She stared at him for a few seconds before she fell to the floor unconscious. 

She actually fainted at the sight of him. Was him waking up that much of a shock?

He walked down the white hallway trying to figure out where he was when he came upon a few rooms that house what looks to be a multitude of server boxes. All the rooms were sealed with biometric locks on the doors. This was not a hospital. He faintly remembered KnightDemon telling his that Travent Corp bought his unconscious body, so maybe that's where he is.

He walked for another few minutes, when he passed a reflective window that showed his appearance similar to that of a mirror. Although the reflection was not as strong, it served its purpose.

He found he now had hair that reached his lower back and his eyes now shone a brilliant crystal blue. He didn't know how, but he did go through some changes through this ordeal. Maybe he is in the real world now. Maybe he somehow made it back.

He thought he was lost after the amount of time he walked as well as not finding any exits. This structure or building, or whatever it is, was far too big to navigate without any experience.

He found a set of elevators that he hoped would grant him access to the outside world, but he could get the damn things to open. It kept asking for an access code. On the third failed attempt, a loud siren sounded out warning everybody within the building to a possible threat.

"Intruder found on basement level 9. Intruder found-" Came a slightly high pitched voice from an intercom speaker blaring through the entire building.

Great. Now I have to worry about this. Kai thought to himself as he stayed by the elevator in hopes that some guards might come through there. At least he will be able to get to surface, hopefully.