Chapter Seventeen

The fire that was shot towards truly had me rethinking my decision. I did not expect this monster to be this strong. I took a look at its level to see if I can determine anything, but when I did I found it was an even bigger mistake.

J'Sanguna, The Red Dragon

Lvl: 81 

Health: 7651 / 7651

"Dammit!" I cursed as I jumped to the right avoiding the column of fire shooting towards me. I need to go all out if I can even think of destroying something like like.

Chaos Blast after Chaos Blast, I sent towards the spines of the wings, hoping it would disable him enough. My hope was to take each section of his body from him, causing him to limit his range of attacks further.

The blasts did minimal damage but it damage it regardless. little splotches of blood dripping to the ground. I quickly changed my sword into Mjölnir. I poured my Chaos magic into the hammer, watching it take a swirling black hue. The dragon began to shoot smaller fire balls in my direction, in hopes of ending the battle quickly.

It took me awhile and most of my stamina to finally manage to make it close enough to the dragon. I have been zigzagging across the floor dodging the fire balls, all the while going closer and closer. When I was within five meters of the dragon, I used a sudden burst of speed to quickly dash towards his front left leg.

Once I reach there I used all my strength to bring the hammer sideways towards his knee. The hammer successful impacted with a loud thud followed by a loud snap. The attack managed to break the dragons knee.

It roared in pain as the walls of the open cavern shook from the pressure. Taking advantage of his distraction, I sent a distortion sphere towards the left wing. Successfully trapping it within the carnage of the attack.

I aimed for the tip of the spine in the wing watched as the constant attack tore at the wing as well as the spine itself. The force the dragon used with his wing, managed to dislodge it from my attack. Successfully dispelling it.

I fell back towards the entrance of the cavern when the dragon began to trash with its body. I found it to be far more dangerous to stay within proximity of the beast for far too long.

I quickly downed one of the few mana potions I had left, completely forgetting Ninja who just nonchalantly stood by the entrance to the cavern. 

I watched the dragon closely waiting for another chance to have go at his other leg, when all of a sudden a few fireballs crashed in the ground around. The impact shooting me into the wall to my right. The impact drained a quarter of my health as I spat up some blood.

I fell to my knees as I glanced back at the dragon who was still testing out its now broken leg.

Changing the hammer into the spear, I shot forward ignoring the pain I felt in my chest. 

I stabbed at the dragon's legs only drawing blood a few times when his head suddenly came sweeping across the ground. His head struck my side which caused me to spit out some more blood. I clung onto his head and in turn I was flung into the sky above.

I must have travelled more that fifty meters into the air. Luckily for me the trajectory for my fall, fell near the tail of the dragon.

As I fell to the ground, I needed to speed more stamina, pushing my agility to its limits. The dragon was spitting out fireball after fireball. I spun through the air, avoiding the inaccurate fireballs, successfully moving my trajectory to that of the tail itself.