Chapter 2

School ended on a good note I guess.

The bell rang as I pushed passed people, trying to get to my locker.

Chelsea was waiting for me. I was glad she did. She was the only friend I had made here. "How was your first day?" She smiled. "Not too bad." I laughed. I threw my backpack over my shoulder, shutting my locker.

We walked down the crowded hallway to get to the bus. Once we made it outside, I finally felt like I could breathe for once. We got onto the bus.

"Meet anyone who caught your eye?" She winked. "Sadly, no." I laughed. "I do have a question." I continued. "Who exactly is Matthew Espinosa?" I mumbled. She sighed. "Matthew Espinosa is one of the popular kids. He goes to parties and all that shit. Unless you're popular, you're considered a loser to him. Him and his group of other uptight kids all ended up exchanging girl friends. He has never had a serious one." I nodded, reminding myself to stay away from him.

-

That is what I did for the next two weeks of school. I didn't talk to him, nor did I even make eye contact. He noticed but didn't mind. Probably because I wasn't at a high status like him. I wanted to stay away from him.

I remembered my previous incident with another boy, back at home. Ryan Harvard. He was just like Matt, and I fell hard for him. But just like that, he left me. He didn't even leave a warning. I didn't want to repeat that and mourn about it.

Anyways, the weather had warmed up. I guess it was nice here ,but California must have been better. Today was a Saturday, here in Virginia. Chelsea and I had decided to meet up at the park.

We met at the skate park. It was a little chilly and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. We brought our long boards, and went to the concession stand. We got two cokes in the glass bottles.

We carried our boards to the bench, slowly chatting and sipping our cokes. Shortly, afterwards, we actually started to long board. I followed Chelsea's long board as we sped past trees.

I had my headphones, blasting the 1975 and Hoodie Allen. I couldn't deny that some of the scenery here was nice. It felt nice, not to be stressed out about everything. I could just breathe and let things go.

I began to wonder where exactly, Chelsea was taking me. I was getting more curious as we passed things. Its not that it was far, but where were we going?

-

Shortly, we arrived to a carnival. The weather was amazing and the whole place felt alive. I hadn't been to a carnival in years. The last time I went was at the age of 9. Now I'm 16.

Chelsea found a place for us to hide our long boards. Now I understood why she didn't want me bringing a long board that was new. We paid the admission fee and entered.

The colorful lights matched the blue sky. We walked around, as I seemed to be in complete awe. The atmosphere made me feel like a kid again. We walked around, unable to decide what to do or where to go.

Chelsea pulled me over to a game. We agreed on playing game and eating a little for now. Later when the lights would come on and the sky would be black. Though, I wasn't fond of rides or heights.

After playing a few games and not wining anything, we went to buy some food. We bought two snow cones. I held mine, trying to shove my money into my pocket, and to walk forward. That was until, I felt my snow cone jam into someone.

I slowly looked up to see, the person I had wished it wasn't. It was the predictable. No one other than Matthew Espinosa. I was embarrassed and Chelsea wasn't helping. She was off to the side, laughing her ass off.

"I'm so sorry." I dropped my snow cone. "I wasn't paying attention to where I was going." His face looked as if he was uncomfortable. "Shit, this is cold." He chattered. "Um I can buy you a new shirt." I said, feeling guilty. The red strain popped out on his white shirt. I tried my best to hold in my laughter.

Chelsea walked over to us, after controlling her laughter. "I'll wait in line and buy you another snow cone." She said, before laughing. She walked away, placing herself st the end of the long line. I turned in her direction , mouthing 'help me.' She laughed and shook her head.

I turned back around to see Matthew with his shirt in his hands, revealing his bare chest. "Aren't you cold?" I asked, finding this awkward. He shrugged as I kept my eyes away from him. Chelsea was going pay for leaving me alone with shirtless Matt.

------------------------------------------

Um, I really enjoy writing this. Like it makes me so happy.

(: