Epilogue

I didn't let Matt leave after we ended our relationship on the roof. There was a difference with all of this though. We called off our relationship, but we never called off our love. I would still continue to love Matt with all my heart.

"Stay, just one more night." I almost pleaded to him, and he returned a nod to me.

"Zoe, this isn't making things any easier." He sighed, probably still thinking about how we actually broke up.

A part of me truly did regret saying those words. I should have let him say them and then fought back for us. What was the harm in trying to make us work? But wouldn't that make being away from each other worse. I really was unsure if what we did was the right thing or not. Too much happened today.

"I know but I can't help it. Stay, stay for old times sake. " I tried my best to convince him.

He remained silent for a bit, probably recollecting our memories that we had made in merely two and a half years. He then agreed, probably not wanting to let go of all of this just like me.

We got off the roof and back into my room. I changed and Matt was already in bed. He was left in his boxers. He pulled the blanket closer to him, since he was cold because of so much skin being bare. I slipped under the covers beside him, and his arms quickly pulled me to him.

"You know this isn't what people do after they break up." Matt shook his head at me with a little smile on his face.

"They don't sleep beside each other one last time?" I asked back, placing my head on his bare chest as he held my hand.

"Yeah. They usually leave each other alone out of anger or frustration." He shrugged and combed through my hair with his fingers.

"Lets be honest here, are we actually a normal couple? " I explained to him.

"No, we do things our way." He answered me with a little smile. "But what makes us different from a break up?" He continued.

"I still love you, thats what makes this different. I never agreed to call off loving you." I quietly spoke and kissed his chest, lightly.

"And they most likely don't have sex afterwards , so don't tempt me by kissing me like that." Matt grinned at me and a little laugh escaped my lips.

"Goodnight Matt." I hugged him tightly.

-

Matt helped me with my bags to load into the car. I had stopped with my crying because I knew it wouldn't help both of us in the end. We could have done a long distance relationship, but I was scared. I knew he wouldn't cheat, but what if? I didn't want to tie him down.

"You know, you're going to do wonderful at college." He struck up a conversation since silence was speaking for us.

"Yeah, but I wish I could take you with me." I sighed, probably not making this any easier for us.

Matt plugged the aux cord in his iPhone. He hit shuffle, letting some of his music play. Coincidentally 'No Faith In Brooklyn' began playing. God, this was going to be really tough.

Matt reached over to change it, but I placed my hand over his. He retracted his hand back to mine and held it tightly.

"Our first kiss was so cheesy." He laughed, just thinking about.

"Back to when my lips were virgins." I made a joking comment, getting a laugh out of Matt.,

"But it was the best kiss I have ever had in my life, no doubt about it." He was going to make me miss all this even more.