Chapter 28

I woke up the next day, feeling like shit. I was automatically irritated and I wasn't even on my period. Wasn't that just wonderful. I hated days like these. Days where you already knew the day was going to be crappy.

I checked my phone. No messages caught my eye until I saw that I got one from Matt. My stomach knotted up.

M: Good morning Zoeeeeeee

M: um sorry, its a habit.

My heart had rose and sunk so quickly. I guess he still needed more time. If that was what he wanted, then that's what I would give him.

I showered and got ready. I was used to doing something everyday. I decided to go to the grocery shops. I grabbed my keys, informing my mom that I was going for a drive. I had received my license earlier than expected.If I told her I was going to the grocery shop, she would have made me a list.

I walked to my mom's car. I got in and backed out of the driveway. I put on my CD. The Cab was blasting in my car. I was singing the words to 'Intoxicated.' I pulled into an available parking spot, quite far in the back. I needed a walk anyways.

I walked in with no shopping cart. I was walking past an isle, when I thought I saw Matt. I walked back a few steps. It was him. Him in his maroon vans, khakis, and Vans shirt. I was going to confront him. That was until I saw a blonde leap in his arms.

Woah, Woah, Woah. Was yesterday a break up? Wait, that could be a friend or cousin right? I decided to fight my urge to jump to conclusions.

"Let me kiss you." Matt said to the blonde. Hold the fuck up. What the hell was going on? Did he seriously just ask her if he could kiss her? I was definitely hurt by this. Was he turning into what Chelsea described him to be, before she met him?

I contained my tears, not wanting to create a scene in the store. I began turning, when I ran into Jack Gilinsky. "Hey Zoee- Zoe are you okay? Jack
asked. "Can you walk past this isle and see if that guy is Matt?" I asked. "Yeah." He began walking past them. Seconds later he came back with something in his hands.

"Uh yeah that is Matt. Did something happen between you two because he is pretty flirty with that blonde?" Jack asked. "We fought yesterday and he hasn't talked to me since. And I know we didn't break up." Tears slipped from my eyes.

"C'mon Zoe. Let's go." He walked with me. Jack and I were close. Out of all the boys, he became my best friend, well besides Matt. "It doesn't seem like Matt to do this." He said. I knew he was right. Matt wasn't like that.

"Was Matt like that before I moved here?" I asked. "A bit yeah." Jack frowned. "What do I do?" I wiped my eyes. "Ask him about it." Jack said. We sat in my car.

"Call him right now." Jack said. "Are you serious?" I looked at him. "Do it." He smiled. "I wanna see if he lies about it." Jack raised an eyebrow. I dialed his number and put him on speaker.

"Hey Matt."

"Uh Hey Zoe."

"So I hope we are good now."

"Of course we are."

"So whatcha up to?"

"Oh, I am just taking Burnie for a walk."

"Its nice out."

"Yeah it is."

"Hey I'm in Kroger, do you want anything?"

"Wait, Zoe, where are you?"

Jack and I were trying not to crack up.
'What a liar' Jack mouthed.