Chapter 45

A few of you find that when I write about Zoe and Matt making out, its too graphic so heads up. This is an emotional chapter BTW. ( I cried)
----------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm sorry, your flight has been canceled." The lady spoke to our families. God Dammit. This kind of shit had to happen. "You've got to be kidding me." Matt mumbled. I could hear how upset he was.

"Due to issues with the airline, all we can do is give you a refund on your tickets. I'm terribly sorry for the inconvience. I hope you understand." She sound pretty apologetic.

Now what? We go home? I groaned. I have to make the most of this summer. Soon enough, Matt and I would be apart. "Its okay. How about we do a family barbeque?" I asked everyone. "I like the idea." My mom pitched in. Everyone agreed to it and so that was that.

I turned to Matt who was bummed out. "Matthew, its okay. We can have fun here. I'm happy I'll get to be with you." I kissed his cheek and grabbed his hand. "I know, I just wanted us to visit some place new. You know, like our trip to Paris." He sighed, frowning.

"Don't worry. We will find a way to make this summer worth it." I was hoping to make him feel a bit better, because he was taking this to be his fault. "Alright Zoe. I promise this will be a good summer." He smiled. God I loved his smile.

-

"Babe, can you come over?"

Matt and I hadn't seen each other for about a week since the flight was canceled.

"Yeah sure." I replied.

I checked my appearance. I honestly wasn't in the mood to put on make up, so I just decided to go how I was.

After 5 minutes of driving, I pulled onto Matt's driveway. I rang the doorbell, as he was the one to answer it. He grabbed my arm and pulled me inside. He crashed his lips onto mine and I was assuming that it was because his family wasn't home at the moment.

I reacted fast, kissing him back. We eventually pulled away. "I've missed you so much." He hugged me. "Is everything okay Matty?" I rubbed his back. He never really was like this.

"What do you want to do?" He asked me. "Um I dunno, go get some frozen yogurt." I quite hungry and was hoping he was too. "Yeah sure. I'll drive." He offered before we made our way to his car.

He drove down to a frozen yogurt shop that was near by. We went in and created a single bowl. We decided to share one. I insisted that we split cost but as usual he paid for it all.

We sat outside since the weather was nice out. The frozen yogurt tasted good. I had been craving some for a while.

"So what do you want to do after this?" I asked him since we were doing what I wanted to do.

"Um I wanna see Sawyer. Can we go see him?" He asked. "Sure." I nodded.

We finished up our frozen yogurt and headed to his car. He began driving but missed the turn to my house. It seemed like he did this purposely.