Chapter 27

I was in my room with the window open. There was a nice breeze outside. I sat in my chair, with my laptop in my lap. My phone was connected to it. I was buying and transferring new music to my phone.

"Hey Zoe." I heard Matt's voice. Wait, Matt isn't supposed to be here. "Matt?" I turned around. He was leaning against my balcony door. "I think I need to start locking my balcony door." I giggled. "Nah, you won't." He winked.

He sat on my bed. "Whatcha doin?" He was tossing his phone back and forth in his hands. I held up my phone, too busy to answer him. "Are you almost done?" He whined. "I don't know." I shrugged.

After 10 minutes passed, I finished up. "So what do you want to do?" I asked. "Let's go for a walk." He smiled. "The weather is nice out." He finished. I slipped on my vans and then we walked downstairs.

We walked out the front door. We began walking on the sidewalk. There was this park by the skate park, and it was huge. It had a trails and lots of hills. Probably the perfect spot for a picnic.

We began talking on our way to the park. "So your birthday is coming up, July 7." I started. "Yeah, finally 17." He sighed. "You know, you're just a couple months older than me." I stated. "Yeah, but I'm still older. " He teased me.

As we got to the park, people were giving Matt weird looks. His black eye was healing and I guess they thought he looked funny. Matt thought he looked cool.

"You think you're so cool." I rolled my eyes, playfully. "I am." He smirked. He did a funny walk, which was supposed to be cool. "Matthew teach me your ways." I played along. Well we went along with the whole 'cool guy' thing until Matt tripped. He caught his fall.

I began laughing. "Shut up." He joined in laughing. He looked down at his shoe. "Tie your shoes Matt." I stood in one place. "I don't want to."  He crossed his arms over his chest. "Matt, cmon." I sighed. He shook his head like a 4 year old. "Can you tie my shoe?" He whined.

I shook my head at how childish he was acting. I bent down. I picked up his laces and tied a tight knot. "Thank you." He exaggerated the 'you' part.

"I want to take you somewhere special." He grabbed my hand, tightly. My hands were tiny compared to his. I was short and he was tall. His hands could cover mine.

We walked for what seemed like forever. I was tired. "Matt, where the hell are we going?" I groaned. "Are you tried Zoe?" He frowned. I nodded. "Get on my back." He walked over to me.

I jumped on his back. God, how could he hold all my weight. I rested my head on his shoulder. "You feeling sleepy babe." He noticed. "A little." I yawned. "Try not to sleep, we are almost there. " He said.

"Matt, you can set me down." I said, a few moments later. "Why? I thought you were tired." He said, confused. "I'm not exactly lite." I trailed off. "Zoe, I'm fine with carrying you. And you're not heavy." He was lying, wasn't he. "Matt, just set me down." I was getting upset.

As soon as he set me down, I began walking fast. He grabbed my wrist, pulling me to him. "Zoe, what's going on?" He tried to get his eyes to meet mine, but I wouldn't let him. "I hope you don't think you're fat. You're not fat, no one is. Fat is term used to label others. And, I'm not saying this to make you feel better, but you are very fit. " He held my hand.

"I'm fat compared to girls in our school." I chewed on my lip, trying not to let out my weak voice. This time he didn't answer me. He just grabbed my wrist and pulled me along with him. "Matt." I tried to get his attention. He just wouldn't listen to me.

We arrived to this tree house, that over looked the rest of the park. It was beautiful. "Climb." Matt pointed to the ladder. "But Matt." I tried to talk to him. "I said climb." He cut me off. And so I did what he said. He seemed angry.