Chapter 14

Matt got off the bad, irritated. "Pretend to sleep." He whispered to me. I got back under the covers. Matt knew that his mom was at the door. "She is still sleeping." I heard Matt say. "Sorry, I was just checking on you two. No funny business right?" She said. "Mom, I'm 16. I'm not going to go that far with anyone." He defended. Me on the other hand, well I'm trying to contain my laughter.

Matt's mom left after that as Matt came back to me. "Funny business?" I giggled. "Shut up." He chuckled. "Why did I have to pretend to sleep?"I asked him. "Well, I wanted to spend more time with you." He smiled. "Matt, I'm not going anywhere. Let's go get breakfast." I said, pulling him out of bed. He groaned.

-

It was now the afternoon, and the storm had done a nasty job. There was nothing to do. I had never been so bored. I lied upside down on the couch. "Ugh, Matt. Stop being boring." I looked at my phone, scrolling through Twitter.

Matt's cat jumped onto the bed. It scooted near me and lied down beside me. I ran my fingers through its soft fur. His cat was so cute. "I really wish I had a cat." I sighed. I just wanted to take Matt's cat home with me.

"Get dressed." He tossed me my dry clothes. I put on my leggings and just took a hoodie from Matt. I put on my Vans. I smelt a lot like Matt. He had such a sweet but musky scent on him. I was wearing his favorite hoodie. I was surprised that he was even letting me wear it.

"Mom, Zoe and I are taking the car." He yelled. "Okay. Keep me updated." She yelled back. "Don't we need your dad to drive us-" I trailed off before he interrupted me. "I can drive." He chuckled.

We were taking his moms car. I was surprised that he didn't have his own like every other kid at school. He started the engine, getting ready to back out. "Shit, I'm going to die. We are all going to die." I pretend to freak out. He rolled his eyes before pulling out of the driveway.

First of all, I had no idea where Matt was taking me. I knew it wasn't anything special because I wasn't dressed so nicely. But I was confused. Maybe we were just driving around or something. I was getting more curious by the minute. "Matt, where exactly are we going?" I asked. "You'll see." He smiled.

After 10 minutes had passed, I whined "Are we there yet?" Matt looked like he was about to explode. But instead of snapping at me, he just kept driving. That was until we got closer to there. "Cover your eyes, and wait here. Don't peek please." He said, quickly. This made me wonder what on Earth was he up to.

After what seemed like a long time, he returned. He still hadn't let me open my eyes. I would usually peek, but I decided to fully do what Matt said. "Okay, ready?" He said, excitedly.

"Open!" He yelled. I opened my eyes to see that we were parked outside near a farm. But the scenery wasn't the first thing to catch my eye. It was the small little kitten sitting in Matt's lap. "This is for you." He handed the kitten to me.

I just sat there in aw. I was in a trance with the delicate kitten. The kitten had blue eyes that went beautifully with its fur. Its fur was lines of different types of greys. The kitten was so soft and would let out a small 'meow'. I thought that I was in love with this small feline.

I held the kitten in a small box with blankets in my lap. Words couldn't describe how amazed and thankful I was. "Matt, you didn't have to." I reasoned. "Well you needed company." He trailed off. "Matt, Oh My- Thank you." I was speechless.

No guy had ever treated me this way. No guy had gone this far to fulfil my wish of what I wanted. No guy in general would have done this for me. No guy in general would have treated me like the only girl in the world.

I threw my arms onto him, hugging him tightly. "No one has ever been so nice to me. " I said into his shoulder. He just hugged me back, tighter. Both of us weren't ready to let go of each other. We stayed like this for minutes. He eventually pulled away from me, reluctantly.

He started the car and decided to drop me home. I wasn't sure how my mom was going to react to me coming home with a kitten. Hopefully, she'd let me keep it. Matt had basically memorized the route to my house.

Once we reached my house, he said "I'll see you tomorrow at school." "What? You're not coming in?" I said, confused.

"Um well, your mom is here and." He trailed off. "Matt, its not like we are dating. You are my best friend." I reasoned. My heart sunk a little one I established the fact that we weren't dating.

"Okay." He said, a bit reluctant. "He got out of the car, holding the box with the kitten in it. I rang the bell, nervous for no reason. My mom opened the door, letting us in. "Hi mom." I hugged her. "This is Matt." I motioned for Matt to come here. "Hi Mrs. Tyler, its pleasure to meet you." He held out his hand for my mom to shake. "Its a pleasure to meet you too." She smiled.

She noticed the box, and raised an eyebrow. "What exactly is this?"She pointed to the box. "Well, um we got a kitten." I looked down. I picked up the kitten and handed it to my mom. "Aw." She said. She handed it to Matt, and said"Why don't you two play with it upstairs." She smiled. We began walking towards the stairs. "Zoe, we can discuss this later. I'm not mad, just ask me next time before you buy it." She said. I nodded, expecting that.

I joined Matt upstairs. He was lying on the floor with the tiny kitten lying on his stomach. I melted at the sight of this. I secretly snapped aw picture. I set my phone down, sitting beside him. I just smiled and looked at him. "What?" He chuckled. "Nothing." I smiled at the floor.

"So what should we name him?" I changed the subject. "Um, how about Sawyer." He said out of nowhere. "Where exactly did you come up with that name?" I raised an eyebrow. "Well, I want to name my first kid Sawyer." He smiled at himself. "Aw." I punched his shoulder. "Do you like the name?" He smiled. "Yeah." I nodded. "So Sawyer it is."

-

Matt, Sawyer, and I played together. Matt seemed to be more interested with me playing with Sawyer. I thought it was cute. Matt ended up staying for dinner. I was happy he did. My mom liked him a lot. I liked him a lot. Did I just think that? Do I really like him? I think I like him. No I do like him. I like him a lot. I like Matthew Lee Espinosa. I smiled covering my face, even though I was alone in my bed. Matthew now not a stranger to my mind. All I did was think about him.

------------------------------------------

I thought this chapter was cute because of the whole kitten thing aw. So I'm pretty sure I made a lot of you guys happy, because Zoe realizes that she likes Matt.
Now we just have to see what Matt feels (;

THANK YOU FOR   READS AND  VOTES . ILY

The next few chapters will be quite interesting.

Leave me your thoughts, comments, ideas (: