Chapter 5

Sadly, it was a Monday and school was back. As the weeks had progressed, I became very good friends with Chelsea, Matthew, and Taylor. Though, I never did forget what I heard about him. Matthew or referred to by his other name, Mr. Player.

Chelsea waved her hand, signaling for me to come to where she was. She had saved a table for us. During lunch, it was usually just Chelsea and I. Yeah, we were a couple of loners at points. Once I took a seat, we instantly started a conversation.

Chelsea's eyes wandered over to Taylor's table of friends. "You like him don't you?" I smiled. "I don't know, but something about him is so different." She sighed. "Any ways, I heard that you sit next to Matt in every class you have with him." She smirked. "I didn't choose to sit by him." I defended. I considered Matthew a friend. He hadn't even made it to being a good friend. He was just a friend.

Taylor caught Chelsea staring at him and winked at her. She looked down with the biggest smile plastered on her face. "You like him." I gushed. She nodded. "Aw." I hugged her. Taylor walked over to our table. "Well hello there ladies." He greeted. Chelsea rolled her eyes and smiled. The three of us talked awhile, leaving us with only 5 minutes of lunch left.

Once the bell rang, everyone scattered to their classes. I made my way to Art, my last class of the day with the one and only Matthew Espinosa. I walked in, setting my stuff down under the table. I sat in the seat next to him as we quietly talked.

"So, I'm a bit of an artist you know." He tried to show off. I slowly nodded, half smiling.The lesson began and soon enough we were left to work. Our assignment was to paint a fruit with a shadow on it. I began drawing the outline of the pear. Matthew on the other hand, couldn't draw. I tried not laugh at his deformed pear.

"Looks good, eh?" He said, observing his picture. "Oh yeah." I trailed off. "Shut up." He elbowed me, knowing that I knew he wasn't quite an artist. Our teacher began to monitor the room, observing everyone's drawing. Matthew was screwed. He didn't seem to care much.

The teacher walked to us, pausing to see what Matthew had done. "What is this, Mr. Espinosa?" She raised an eyebrow, as I looked away. "Its a pear." He answered, acting as if he tried his best. "I expect a better work ethic from you." She stated and walked away. Matthew's face turned a bright pink.

We both looked at each other, cracking up. "That looks like an eggplant." I blurted. He bursted out laughing at my remark. Soon, Art came to an end and the bell rang. Everyone rushed out, as I cleaned up my stuff. I had expected everyone to be gone but Matthew waited for me surprisingly.

We both walked out shoving past people to get to our lockers. I got to mine, saying goodbye to Matthew. I packed up my stuff. I pushed past people on the crowded halls. looking for Chelsea outside. She was nowhere, as well as the best. Shit. I missed the bus. This left me to walk home.

I was a bit gloomy and windy. It was nice. I put in my headphones, blasting The 1975. Why didn't I bring my penny board? I asked myself, mentally. I was getting really tired of walking back home. My house wasn't that close. I would ask my parents to pick me up, but my dad is working out of town, and my mom is at work.

A car slowed down near me. My heart raced a little as I tried to stay calm. I kept walking, ignoring it. I walked forward, just wanting to get home. I didn't want to be near the car, or get in it. I decided not to look and see who was in the car. I was to afraid to. As long as I kept walking and showed no feeling, I'd be okay. Wouldn't I?

-----------------------------------------
Literally love writing this story.

Thank you for the incredible feedback. I am half way to 1k reads! I appreciate it a lot.

Leave me some comments below and don't forget to vote.

I love you all. xx (: