Chapter 40

Matt and I were invited to a Halloween party at Jack Gilinsky's house. Since senior year had started, Matt had been urging me to go to more parties. I decided to go shopping for a Halloween costume with my friend, Talia.

I wasn't quite sure with what I wanted to be, but I knew every girl was going to be dressed slutty. Matt told me that he was going to be a werewolf, how original. I didn't want to turn this into twilight so I crossed out vampire from my list.

Talia was going to be fairy. We drove down to some shops that had costumes. I skimmed through the sections, trying to find something's I'd possibly wear.

My eyes found a dark angel costume. It looks really nice. Talia noticed that it had caught my eye and turned to me. She grabbed it off the rack and told me to try on the dress it came with.

I went in the dressing room, and put it on. It fit nice, but it ended pretty short. I tried pulling it down a bit, not used to having this much skin being exposed.

"Zoe, let me see!" Talia called from outside of the dressing room. I turned towards the door and opened it. Talia looked at me covering her mouth. "Zoe you look amazing." She spoke, while jumping up and down.

"I don't know, don't you think its a little short?" I spoke, trying to hide my over exposed legs. "Dude, you look sexy and what your wearing won't even be considered that short at the party." She reassured me.

I decided to buy it, only because Talia was urging me to. We bought a pair of wings as well and went to go check out our things.

I was kind of excited for this party. I mean I think I was starting to change more. Instead of being you now shy and quiet, I was becoming more outgoing and adventurous.

-

M: Happy Halloween babe!!

I read my message from Matt. I looked outside my window to see him walking towards my house. I grabbed my backpack and jogged down the stairs.

Matt had a game today and so everyone was dresses up for the pep rally, which was to wear orange. I some what dressed up, but didn't go all out. Matt smiled at my appearance and said " You look cute Zoe." I smiled and thanked him.

We walked to school and made it to class. I guess all our teachers weren't really giving us much work, we just mainly watched stupid educational videos about Halloween.

Matt and I took our seats. Matt sat next to Shawn and I sat next to this kid named Alec. He was quite attractive but definitely not my type. He was nothing compared to Matt.

"Hey Zoe." He gave me a small smile.

"Hey." I said, pressing my lips to a thin line.

"You're going to the game, I assume?" He asked, taking notice of my apparel.

I nodded, not really wanting to talk to him. He kind of was really annoying. He just talked too much.

The teacher turned off the lights, and started the video. I hid my phone under the desk and texted Matt. We would occasionally look at each other and make faces.

I put my phone up for the time being and decided to watch the video. All I wanted to do was meet up with Talia and watch Matt play.  And the party kind of excited me.

I felt a hand touch mine. My head shot towards Alec. "Sorry, I didn't mean to." He took his hands back. I brushed it off, hoping it was an accident.

Alec kept on doing this again. His feet brushed mine, his hands did again. I didn't want him to touch any of me. "Can you stop it!" I whispered, kind of loudly. "Cmon babe, don't be like that." He smirked.