Chapter 35

I felt someone shaking me and groaned. "Matt." I groaned. "Zoe, we are here." Matt poked at my face. I brushed his hand away and got up. I put on my backpack and walked with Matt to the airport.

As we entered the airport, I was a little happy that we were finally home. We caught up with Matt's family. I was really wanting to see my mom. I missed her a lot.

The idea of school starting in three weeks was kicking in. I was not ready for it, but at least I was graduating. I just want to get it all over with and move on. I'm actually a bit exciting for college, but the idea of leaving Matt was heartbreaking.

We found our car where we left it a week and a half ago and got in. I was wide awake now. "So how many movie did you watch?" I asked Matt. "4." Matt yawned.

"Have you finished your summer reading?" I raised an eyebrow at Matt. "About that. I don't understand the book, so maybe I could come over tomorrow and you could help me out? " His eyes pleaded. I nodded as he hugged me.

We reached my house and I thanked Matt's mom. Matt said he would text me. I got my house key and unlocked the door. I found my mom sleeping on the couch.

I quietly set my bags down, and walked over to her. "Hi mom." I quietly said. "Hi Bean." She sat up and hugged me. "I have a surprise for you." She gave me a big smile. "Where's Sawyer?" I asked, not seeing him anywhere.

"First the surprise." She pulled me upstairs. She pulled me to the room down the hall from mine. She pushed open the door. Right there, I saw my brother. I ran into his arms, hugging him tightly. "I missed you so much, Kyle." I mumbled into his shoulder.

"I missed you too Zoe." He hugged me tighter. I saw Sawyer sitting on his bed. Sawyer jumped off the bed and walked over to me. I picked him up and kissed his head, then set him down.

"I'll let you two catch up." My mom smiled and left. "How have you been?" I asked him. "Great. Do you like it here?" He asked. I nodded, thinking of Matt.

Me and Kyle just caught up on everything. He told me about how his college was and some funny stories. I told him about how I adjusted. We then got to the subject of our parent's divorce. And then came the dreamed question.

"So, who's the boy?" He raised his eyebrows. I was guessing my mom had told where I was and who I was with while I was in Paris. "Matthew Espinosa." I blushed.

"How long have you been with him?" He smiled. "Almost 4 months." I replied. "Based off what Mom has told me about him, I feel like he's a good kid." My brother said, which relieved me. "Maybe you can meet him tomorrow." I said, while fiddling with my hands. "Yeah." He nodded.

"Well I'm gonna go shower, we can talk more about your love life later." I made a funny face at my brother. I was really glad that he was back.

I hoped into the shower and finished up quickly. I decided to text Matt that my brother was here. Since Matt was coming over tomorrow, I didn't want to alarm him. I was sure that my brother would like Matt.

Z: My brother got here early!!

M: That's great! I can't wait to meet him (:

Z: He thinks your a good kid.. So basically he already approves of you (:

M: Thank you Jesus

Z: I'll text you tonight. We still up for our study date?

M: Yes we are. Talk to you later. Love you babe.

Z: Love you too

I left my phone in my room and walked downstairs. My brother was helping my mom make dinner. I guess we were having tacos. I was starving so I couldn't wait.